Cleaner (Residential Home)
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Matron
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|This is a position for an integral member of the cleaning team who will be expected to undertake general housekeeping and cleaning duties in a Residential Home. |
The role may involve all aspects of the cleaning and housekeeping, including laundry, public rooms and private rooms, staff areas and all internal areas, and agreed restricted external areas (e.g. front door area) working within the team who perform these roles.
Responsibilities include all day to day aspects of cleaning, laundry, domestic/housekeeping supplies in public and private rooms, assessing maintenance needs and liaising with Line manager/ maintenance.
Main Tasks/duties and responsibilities
|Day to day responsibilities as agreed with your Line Manager to include: |
– all aspects of cleaning and housekeeping, including laundry, public and private rooms, staff areas and all internal areas, and agreed restricted external areas (e.g. main entrance area) working within the team which performs this role
– cleaning public rooms daily
– cleaning private rooms daily – changing/making beds, swapping used towels for fresh, cleaning, disinfecting and sanitising the bathroom, vacuuming the carpet, mopping/cleaning floors, and removing rubbish/waste.
– ensuring compliance with sanitation, hygiene, health and safety legislation and organisational and quality requirements and working policies and procedures.
– deal with lost property in accordance with agreed procedure
– assist the Line Manager with meeting the standards for quality management of housekeeping
– assist the Line Manager to investigate and resolve customer housekeeping complaints
– maintaining accurate records and accounts as required and reporting as agreed
– effective assistance to the remainder of organisation
– help set an example for team members of commitment, work ethic and habits and personal character
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to operate within budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 11am to 8pm. However you will be expected to work as and when is necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. |
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the organisation and its customers/clients. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / supervisory responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for the other team members who will report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, all of the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as required e.g. NVQ etc
– certification required insert as required
– languages as required – insert as applicable e.g. English, Italian
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 6 months practical experience
– understanding and experience of the following insert as applicable
– good understanding of cleaning and hygiene and quality standards and health and safety
– enthusiastic and hardworking
– committed to customer satisfaction
– high integrity and honesty in all dealings
– ability to work under pressure
insert anything else required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
INSERT any accommodation information as required e.g. “live in” etc
|Salary level||C – £12,000|
|Benefits||insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.