Server (Drinks/Beverages only)
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Bar Manager
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|This is a position for an integral member of the team who will be expected to undertake general drinks/beverages serving duties
The role also involves helping with basic drinks/beverage preparation and around the bar/drinks area generally, as and when required, as directed by the Line Manager.
Main Tasks/duties and responsibilities
|Day to day responsibilities as directed by your Line Manager to include:
– ensuring compliance to sanitation, hygiene, health and safety legislation and organisational and quality requirements
– assist in the preparation of beverages, both hot and cold
– assist with general serving duties to include taking and making reservations, taking and serving order, clearing and preparing tables, prepare the bill and take payment
– understand the “ingredients” of drinks/ beverages to enable you to confidently deal with customer queries etc
– assist in the quality management beverages
– effective liaison, support and assistance with the remainder of organisation
– assist generally in the bar/drinks area and front of house as directed
– maintaining accurate records and accounts as required and agreed
– help set an example for other team members of commitment, work ethic and habits and personal character
– responsibly use resources and help control expenses
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 11am to 8pm. However you will be expected to work as and when is necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally.
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the organisation and its customers/clients. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / supervisory responsibilities
People or equipment
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, all of the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as required
– certification required insert as required
– languages as required – insert as applicable e.g. English, Italian
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 6 months practical experience
– understanding and experience of the following insert as applicable
– good understanding of how both the front of house and organisation works and of food and beverage hygiene and quality standards and health and safety
– enthusiastic and hardworking
– committed to customer satisfaction
– high integrity and honesty in all dealings
– ability to work under pressure
insert anything else required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
INSERT any accommodation information as required e.g. “live in” etc
|C – £15,000
|insert details of any benefits
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable