Skills Provision is searching for an experienced MEP Manager for a company in the Middle East.
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary & Benefits
- $10,000 per month tax-free
- Benefits package available
- Maintain knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices for the MEP construction industry.
- Ensure proper coordination and administration of the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire protection design and construction works undertaken by the consultants and contractors, in accordance with the programmed milestones.
- Ensure that all day-to-day correspondence and technical queries for MEP design and construction related issues are dealt with and that the required information is issued in a timely manner.
- Conduct (MEP design) reviews and technical assessments of proposals submitted by the design Consultants and Contractors.
- Identify MEP design and construction issues; pursue solutions therefor; make recommendations to the Design and Construction Managers thereon; follow up on technical deliverables.
- Review key risks to delivery and resolve related problems before they have any impact on the works.
- Monitor the Consultant’s and Contractor’s MEP design/construction progress in accordance with the Project Master Programme; track and pursue design/construction information to avoid project delays.
- Provide input for correspondence and reports on planning, risk, commercial and contractual issues.
- Monitor the performance of the consultant(s) and contractor(s) with regards to the MEP works to ensure compliance with the relevant standards and specs.
- Attend progress and technical meetings and ensure that all MEP design and construction issues are identified, objectives set and achieved, and proper records/minutes are taken.
- Assist the Project Team with a coordinated response to any MEP design and/or construction issues raised and follow up as necessary.
- Review MEP sub-contractors’ technical submittals and test reports in coordination with the Lead Consultant, and issue comments for compliance. Ensure quality assurance.
- Review & comment on relevant reports submitted by project parties.
- Assist the Project Team in following up with the Authorities to speed up the approval process and obtain relevant approvals.
- Monitor site inspection plans and approval process and participate in the testing and commissioning process in coordination with the project parties.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Project Team and other relevant parties.
- At least five years of recent experience in the United Arab Emirates, and fifteen years of total experience.
- High-rise construction experience.
- BSc Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent Engineering degree.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent knowledge of Dubai regulations
- A design background or a proven ability to review MEP designs in a thorough manner.
- An ability to work effectively within a team and to manage intermediate & junior engineers.
- Experience working with a project management company.
- Experience working with MEP BIM models.
- Experience with document control and project management tools.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.