A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Chief Engineer or Lead Engineer to work on the development of sophisticated systems involving, data centres, call centres, satellite communications and mobile units across a secure environment. As the Head Engineer you will be responsible for the overall design and work coordination across system architecture, sub-system design, integration, validation, support and training teams.
Location: United Kingdom
Salary & Benefits
- £72,000 p/a
- Extensive Benefits package available
- Lead the engineering team to successfully deliver all engineering aspects of the programme
- Own the System Vision and ensure that the design conforms to the vision
- Overall design authority for the programme
- Line management responsibility for the engineering team
- Support to business development and bid activities
- Provide and manage all Engineering specific infrastructure necessary
- Manage performance, compliance and quality of the technical solution
- Manage customer satisfaction with the technical solution
- Manage technical change throughout the programme
- Manage through life cost targets
- Manage technical risk and opportunity on the programme
- Support final acceptance of systems in-country
- Proven delivery of a complex command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence systems.
- A proven track record in managing large engineering teams to deliver multi-million pound engineering solutions.
- Proven line management expertise and understanding of how to develop high performing teams
- Experience across the whole systems lifecycle from systems analysis, design, integration through to delivery
- Experience working in a prime contractor role to deliver large complex systems
- Experience in delivery of large software intensive programmes
- Ability to work with Customers and Sub-contractors at all levels.
- Willingness to travel and spend significant periods abroad
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.