I have recently left the RAF after 26 years of Service as an ICT Manager. I would be grateful if you would consider requirements that broadly match my skills and experience which includes:
UK SC Clearance
18 years Management and Leadership experience.
Excellent Team Manager and Motivator.
Operations Management expertise.
Extensive Communications and IT knowledge.
Solid knowledge of Quality Assurance and Health & Safety.
Project Management experience
CSCS Card Holder
Phoenix IT Infrastructure Services Ltd Jan 2014 – Present Day
IT Deployment & Migration Engineer
• ATOS/SSA AW Windows7 Deployment Project (Sellafield/LLWR/Magnox)
• Pre-Migration Planning for the users (Including software ghost build or rebuild of equipment)
• Migration of Data and User account migration by Quest Migration Manager (QMM) & NME
• Deployment rollout of Thick Clients (Desktops & Laptops) and Thin Clients (WYSE & PC Extenders)
• Post-Migration floor walking & installation of applications (SDO /SCCM, Juniper (RAS) & Lotus Notes)
HM FORCES – Royal Air Force Oct 1987 – Oct 2013
13 Sqn MQ-9 Reaper UAV Drones 2011 – 2013
• Commanded & managed the new Communications Flight of 8 personnel responsible for Morale, Welfare & Personal development, upholding engineering standards and information assurance.
• Plan and manage the new communication systems needed would meet he rigid timeframes and be within budget. Using Prince2 methodologies to manage all aspects of the multi-national installation.
• Providing and Supporting continuous communication links for the Mobile Ground Communications System (MGCS). Responsible for all UK and US IT systems including account management, quality controls and technical specifications documents ensuring they met the RAF QA audit process
Electronic Reconnaissance Operational Support Squadron 2010 – 2011
• Communications team Leader responsible for 12 personnel
• Supervising the team which provided 1st & 2nd line tech support to the squadrons UK and deployed secure communications equipment used by the Aircraft and ground support staff.
• Sole responsibility for management of all classified and high-grade communications equipment ensuring safe custody, control and whole life accounting of all the items within my AOR.
• Ensuring shelf life, rotation, repair, defect reporting with an inventory value assessed at £250,000.
REACHER Satellite Ground Terminal Manager, 90 Signals Unit – 1 Sqn B Flt, TCW 2006 – 2010
• Responsible for the technical planning, course allocation and resource management of 20 personnel, for pre-deployment of personnel and equipment, ensuring they were fully deployable for overseas Operations or Exercises.
• Overseeing the installation, configuration and maintaining a satellite rear link back to the UK from any deployed austere location, to provide a robust communications network (Dii C/SD) for users.
Air Command High Wycombe – Communications Traffic Analysis Records Section 2004 – 2006
• Part of a team of 7 responsible for the accurate and detailed statistical reports of numerous secure & in-secure communication circuits.
• Reports passed onwards to senior staff to ensure the networks worked within the SLA(s) agreed.
• PRINCE 2 Practitioner – P2R/567725 (2009 version)
• City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Management & Leadership (LCGI)
• BTEC Level 4 Professional Award in Practical LAN Design & Implementation
• BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Datacommunications Cable Installation (Copper & Fibre)
• CompTIA Network + Trained
• CompTIA Security+ Trained
• CCNA Exploration: Network Fundamentals – Cisco Networking Academy
• BCS Level 2 – ECDL Extra (European Computer Driving Licence)
• ITIL v2 qualified – Foundation in Service Management (Army) Course
• City & Guilds 3667-02 (Copper & Fibre)
• Certified Network Cable Installer (Copper & Fibre) – CNET Training
• NVQ Level 3 in Operating Telecommunications Equipment (OTE)
• RAF Junior & Intermediate Management Leadership Courses – gaining the award of LGCI
• Human Factors/Error Management Foundation Trained
• Protecting Information Level 1&2, MOD IT Passport (DLP Courses)
• CompuSec Cryptographic Accountant Trained
• CSCS Card Holder & IOSH Passport (Working Safely), First Aid Responder Trained
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.