Warehouse & Stock Control Supervisor
Insert as applicable e.g. Warehouse Manager
Head office in Braintree or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|To supervise performance and maintenance of the warehouse and stock control activities of the organisation with responsibility for the supervision of day to day activities of your team |
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and direct the team : |
– responsibility to assist your Line Manager in the supervision of the team
– to assist in the supervision of the warehouse and stock control development, performance and maintenance
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– smooth running of the team
– contribute to training and development of the team
– assist your Line Manager in achieving comprehensive warehouse and stock control management systems in accordance with organisation plans and compliance and adherence to legislation and agreed regulatory bodies processes and procedures
– assist your Line Manager in performing all duties in compliance with related legal/statutory, regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable e.g. ISO certification
Day to day responsibilities for the team as agreed with the Line Manager to include:
– assist with all the day to day warehouse and stock control activities with responsibility for supervising your team
– ensuring that the organisation meets all agreed objectives
– responsibility for monitoring and managing warehouse and stock control systems and equipment servicing and/or maintenance in conjunction with other appropriate departments
— assist with managing the performance of the warehouse and stock control team and its individual members.
– assist with effective liaison, support and assistance between the warehouse and stock control and the rest of the organisation
– maintain and improve mechanisms for stock control level and delivery, process, outcomes and profitability and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– contribute towards plans for warehouse and stock control activities
– support to all other departments with warehouse, stock control and related issues
– subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– assist all team members
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– set an example for team members of commitment, warehouse and stock control activities, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate records
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and clients/customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 9am to 5pm. |
However because of the nature of the job you may be required to perform some shift work (such as 12 Hour shifts including days, nights and weekends on a rota basis) and you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert as applicable Your job will be a mixture of travel and office based.
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, and the organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management/ Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for allocated team members who will all report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 1 year
– full insert e.g. 5 year checkable history and obtain a clear criminal record check.
– understanding of warehouse management and stock control obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics
– experience of using computer software – insert as applicable e.g. Sage
– ability to assist in warehouse management and and stock control
– supervisory ability to motivate a team
– project management skills
– genuine desire to provide services with a high degree of personal responsibility
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
Insert anything else required.
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
|Salary level||C – £28,000 or insert £ per hour|
|Benefits||insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.