Trainee Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable e.g. Poole site or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|Part of a team carrying out skilled work a CNC machine. To assist in operating the CNC machine whilst undergoing training, performing agreed tasks to meet agreed targets, criteria and deadlines |
This is a trainee position and you will be provided with regular training.
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Day to day responsibilities |
– receive regular training as and when agreed in a training programme, to understand and learn to operate a CNC machine
– to assist with and learn to load/unload parts, distinguishing and identifying proper tooling/collects/fixtures
– to assist with and learn programming and set up of CNC equipment to complete new product/new and different functions
– to assist with and learn how to change the tooling of the CNC machine
– observe machine operation and assist with and learn to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial caliper.
– to learn to adjust machine control, including part process
– as agreed, inspects tools for sharpness and usability, deburr and report concerns to line manager
– to assist with and learn to verify “first piece inspection” using appropriate measuring instruments
– to assist with and learn to post-edit CNC programme to “fine tune” process for optimum performance
– generally assist to monitor the work being undertaken and completed, testing and taking required critical measurements to identify problems and the need for adjustments and to immediately make any adjustments as necessary
– undertake allocated CNC equipment inspection, maintenance and cleaning (including fluid check etc)
– maintain accurate data/records/documentation associated with your work
– carry out planned tasks in accordance with contract requirements on services and associated systems
– carry out tasks within prescribed time limits
– ensure compliance to applicable quality standards, policies and procedures, codes and legislation, including health and safety
– immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or its clients/customers to Line Manager
– contribute towards the efficient running of the team
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet agreed budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 8am to 4pm. However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. |
In view of the nature of the job you may be required to perform shift work (such as 12 Hour shifts including days, nights and weekends on a rota basis) and you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert following if applicable Your job will involve travel to sites within the agreed area. The agreed area is insert e.g. 20 mile radius, county etc
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the Organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the Organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role. This means you should carry out checks and cleaning as required and agreed.
You must also ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, all of the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment you use is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– to have achieved the following qualifications insert as applicable
– to hold the following insert as applicable
– experience in– insert as applicable e
– basic knowledge of the machinery, tools, equipment, and materials common to the role
– to demonstrate basic knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations
– proven skills in insert as applicable
– to be friendly and approachable
– to understand and deliver good customer service
– good attention to detail
– demonstrable time management and task management skills
– a full driving licence
insert anything else required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the Organisation and any applicable rules, regulations and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires.
|C – 25,000 or insert £ per hour|
|insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.