Security Intelligence Manager
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Director
Security Team – Essex
Head office in Braintree or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|Responsibility for the security intelligence of the organisation – to develop and maintain a security intelligence policy for the organisation to meet agreed criteria and to ensure compliance with it|
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and direct the team : |
– develop and maintain a security intelligence policy for the organisation to meet agreed criteria and to ensure compliance with it
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– smooth running of the team
– contribute to training and development of the team
– assist your Line Manager in achieving complete security intelligence management in accordance with organisation plans and compliance and adherence to legislation and agreed regulatory bodies processes and procedures
– overall team responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with insert as applicable
Day to day responsibilities as agreed with your Line Manager to include:
– ensuring that the organisation meets all agreed security intelligence and associated objectives
– responsibility for monitoring & managing security intelligence systems and associated equipment in conjunction with other appropriate departments
– manage and direct the overall performance of the security team and its individual members
– effective liaison, support and assistance between security intelligencedepartment and remainder of organisation
– maintain and improve mechanisms for security intelligence, including risk assessment and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– developing plans for security intelligence activities
– support to all other departments with security intelligence and related issues
– subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met and standards are maintained
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– reporting (content and format as agreed) at a frequency as agreed
– assist in the development and preparation of the organisation’s security intelligence strategy and general business planning
– set an example for team members of commitment, security intelligence activities, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate records of security risk assessment, interaction, complaints and resolutions
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to comply with budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 9am to 5pm. |
However because of the nature of the job you may be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert following if applicable Your job will be a mixture of travel and office based.
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to use perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when are necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, and the Organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management/ Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for the other team members who will report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– security clearance insert as applicable e.g. for Prisons / Ministry of Justice at either the Standard (enhanced) level or ideally CTC level (Counter Terrorism Clearance).
– full insert e.g. 5 year checkable history and obtain a clear criminal record check.
– languages required – insert as applicable e.g. English, Polish
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 5 years
– leadership with ability to motivate and manage a team
– integrity and honesty in all dealings
– a genuine desire to provide security intelligence services with a high degree of personal responsibility
– excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
– project management skills
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
insert anything else required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
|Salary level||C – £45,000|
|Benefits||insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.