Sales Assistant (Retail)
Line manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Retail Manager
Insert as applicable
Retail outlet Location
Insert as applicable e.g. Braintree or add in as applicable such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|To be part of the team responsible for the customer experience in the retail outlet, providing day to day services for a first class customer experience assisting customers and helping to maximise sales. |
The role also includes dealing with marketing of the retail outlet and its products and carrying out stock management and store operation processes to help minimise risk and costs.
At all times adhering to brand values and providing customer focus, to help achieve maximum sales, efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organisation.
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Day to day responsibilities agreed with your manager to include: |
– Greet and assist customers with queries and sales and their general experience in the retail outlet.
– maintain excellent service and standards
– know the organisation, brand values and the stock
– assist with deliveries including checking/verification, quality control and storage and completing all applicable documentation/data entry
– assist with stock control, storage and levels to maximise sales
– follow cash handling procedures and use the electronic point of sale system to ensure accurate recording of sales, stock throughput and stock levels.
– assist with marketing and promoting including planning for and setting up promotional displays and materials
– assist with all aspects of customer service and satisfaction, including helping to resolve customer complaints and queries
– maintain accurate records, in accordance with set criteria and guidelines
– assist with security issues relating to the retail outlet to help minimise losses
– ensuring the retail outlet, products and displays are clean and tidy at all times
– immediately report problems that may impact on the organisation and/or its customers to Line Manager
– support to all other branches and head office with related matters
– set an example for team members of commitment, retail expertise, customer service, brand values, work ethics and habits and personal character
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers
– contribute to the smooth running of the retail outlet
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 9am to 6pm on 5 days a week. This will include working at weekends. |
However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert anything else as required
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the entire organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– languages required – insert as applicable e.g. English, French
– experience in this type of job role – insert if applicable
– understanding of retail requirements and dynamics
– to be able to use – insert specific equipment/system if required
– excellent commitment to customer service
– high degree of integrity and honesty in all dealings
– good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
– ability to work under pressure and in challenging situations
– full driving licence
Insert anything else as required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations, and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires.
|C – £14,000 or insert £ per hour|
|insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.