Retail Area Manager insert area
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable
Retail Outlet Location
Insert as applicable e.g. Braintree or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|To manage the development, performance, maintenance and improvement of the operations and activities of retail outlets in a specified geographical area, adhering to brand values and providing customer focus, to sustain a commercially viable retail service aiming for maximum sales, efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organisation.|
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and direct the team to |
– direct and manage the development, performance, maintenance and improvement of the specified area’s retail outlet operations (staff, stock and facilities) and activities, adhering to brand values and providing customer focus, to sustain a commercially viable retail service aiming for maximum sales, efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organisation
– direct the development of plans for the area to include management to achieve targets
– developing plans for the area’s progress and growth
– manage and maintain excellent service and standards
– ensure that the team are focused and delivering key service priorities to include, but not limited to, excellent customer service, high quality product and service provision, high standards of health and safety, good communication
– to assist in the setting of annual budgets and then to adhere to budget constraints and revenue targets, undertaking regular reviews as required
– analyse and research trading trends within the area’s retail outlets, across other local retailers and in comparison with national trends to inform the plan for product procurement, pricing and merchandising
– risk management of area’s retail operations, including monitoring the performance of sales against targets, to achieve maximum revenue/profitability, providing savings in operational costs
– meet your targets and those of the area as a whole, including budget and revue targets
– overall responsibility for security issues relating to the area’s retail outlet to help minimise losses
– responsibility for ensuring the retail outlets, products and displays are clean and tidy at all times
– the smooth running of the area team
– contribute to training and development of the area team
– contribute to the development of the organisation, particularly marketing plans
– assist Line Manager in achieving maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with organisation plans
– responsibility for the area’s retail outlets performing all duties in compliance with health and safety and all other legal/statutory regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable
Day to day responsibilities agreed with your manager to include:
– direct and monitor the overall performance of the area’s retail outlets
– direct, manage and maintain excellent service and standards
– assist with the selection and management of suppliers ensuring responsible and sustainable procurement providing the best product mix to meet budget and revenue targets
– monitor stock control, storage and levels to maximise sales
– direct the implementation of the organisation’s pricing strategy to attain target gross profit in each area and each product group
– ensure that all team members follow cash handling procedures
– overall responsibility for financial dealings and investigating discrepancies
– direct and manage appropriate staffing levels to deliver effective service whilst adhering to budget constraints and revenue targets.
– direct all aspects of customer service and satisfaction, including assisting to resolve customer complaints and queries
– inspect to ensure maintenance of accurate records, including all financial paperwork (invoices, transactions, stock-taking) in accordance with specified criteria and guidelines
– reporting in accordance with required frequency and format
– direct recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure an excellent service to customers and that all targets are met
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– developing plans for retail outlet and team activities to achieve specified targets
– direct maintenance and improvement of area’s retail outlet activities, including surveying and measuring the operations, process, outcomes and profitability and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– utilise appropriate systems to record the retail outlet’s activities, analysis and documentation
– effective liaison, support and assistance with team and the whole of the organisation
– support to all other areas and retail outlets and to head office
– assist in the development and preparation of the strategy and general business planning of the organisation as a whole.
– set an example for team members of commitment, retailing expertise, customer service, brand values, work ethics and habits and personal character
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 9am to 6pm on 5 days a week. This will include working at weekends. |
However you will be expected to work, as and when necessary, to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert anything else as required
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, and the organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management/ Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for other the team members who will all report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the entire organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– languages required – insert as applicable e.g. English, French
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 5 years
– thorough understanding of retail management requirements and dynamics – insert specific as applicable
– to be able to use – insert specific equipment/system/software if required
– ability in retail management and customer/supplier relationship management
– leadership with ability to manage and motivate a team
– proven ability to coach and develop others
– excellent commitment to customer service
– high degree of integrity and honesty in all dealings
– excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
– time management and task management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
– ability to work under pressure and in challenging situations
– full driving licence
Insert anything else as required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations, (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires.
|C – £55,000|
|insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.