Mining Driller and Blaster
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable e.g. Poole site or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Day to day responsibilities at agreed locations |
– following instructions or diagrams, lay out drill pattern and determine depth and diameter of blast holes
– drive and operate tracked or truck-mounted rotary drilling, air-track or other drilling machines to bore large blast holes to specified depths at staked positions in agreed locations
– measure location and stake out pattern of holes to be drilled
– ensure that all equipment, rigs and associated products (couplings/rods etc) are used to their maximum potential, while ensuring their sustainability
– conduct field tests to determine type and quantity of explosives required
– assemble primer charges using appropriately selected detonators, fuses, detonating cords and other materials
– load explosives in blast holes as required using equipment or by hand
– connect electrical wires, detonating cords or fuses into series and connect series to blasting machines; control and activate detonator mechanisms
– handle, store and transport explosives and accessories in accordance with industry procedures, criteria and regulations, ensuring maximum safety
– ensure that the highest level of quality is consistently maintained
– help minimise downtime and wastage
– follow drill depth plans, organise daily consumables, ensure quality of holes by dipping and
re-drilling before leaving drill area.
– complete all safety requirements, including for all applicable equipment and machinery and prestart, permits/assessments, erect barricades, bunding, erect signs as required to make work area safe
– generally assist other team members as and when required (such as off side fitter etc)
– assist with allocated projects to ensure smooth operations
– ensure that tasks adhere to all safety requirements, including equipment
– assist with improve working operations and safety
– assessment and allocation of required supplies
– contribute towards relevant costing/supply/budgetary reviews
– effectively liaise and communicate and maintain a good relationship with team members, contractor/suppliers and other stakeholders
– subject to set criteria, general support of all project team members to ensure targets are met
– maintain accurate data/records/documentation
– carry out projects in accordance with contract requirements
– carry out projects within set time limits
– ensure compliance with health and safety and all related legal/statutory regulations, policies and procedures, codes, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable
– immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the team or the organisation to Line Manager
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– set an example for team members of commitment, safe practice, work ethics and habits and personal character
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 8am to 4pm. However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. |
In view of the nature of the job you may be required to perform shift work (such as 12 Hour shifts including days, nights and weekends on a rota basis) and you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert following if applicable Your job will involve travel to sites within the agreed area. The agreed area is insert e.g. 20 mile radius, county etc
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the Organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the Organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role. This means you should carry out checks and cleaning as required.
You must also ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, all of the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment you use is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– to have achieved the following qualifications insert as applicable
– to hold the following insert as applicable e.g. professional body etc
– knowledge of insert as applicable e
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 2 years
– experience of insert as applicable e.g. Pantera1500 and CHA1100 Top Hammer Drills
– requisite knowledge of the machinery, tools, equipment, and materials common to the role
– to demonstrate knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations for this role
– proven skills in insert as applicable
– aptitude for working on mining projects
– proven ability to work as a member of a team
– demonstrate deadline/time management and task management skills
– high degree of integrity and honesty in all dealings
– excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
– this role requires the following security and medical checks insert as applicable
Insert anything else as required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the Organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires.
|C – 30,000 or insert £ per hour|
|insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.