Manufacturing Inspector (Team Leader)
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable e.g. Poole site or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|Responsible for inspection duties, to ensure the organisation meets meet applicable safety, quality, compliance duties, responsibilities and obligations, targets, criteria and deadlines with maximum productivity and profitability |
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and direct the team: |
– responsibility for designated inspection duties, responsibilities and obligations for the organisation
– inspection to include compliance to include legal/statutory regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations relating to insert as applicable
– monitor and develop inspection systems in accordance with organisation plans and adherence to legislation and agreed regulatory bodies’ processes, procedures and standards
– responsibility for performing all inspection duties in relation to insert as applicable e.g. ISO certification
– responsible for application of the inspection budget
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– efficient running of the team
– contribute to training and development of the team
Day to day responsibilities for the team as agreed with your Line Manager to include:
– read and interpret inspection manuals, blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications to determine inspection method and procedures and allowable tolerances
– inspect materials, parts, supplies for conformance to standards and specifications and defects.
– measure dimensions, contours, trim lines, angles, radii, and coordination of parts for conformance to blueprints and specifications, using appropriate precision measuring instruments and devices
– calculate allowable dimensional deviations.
– inspect completed work of parts for conformance to specifications.
– observe or conduct testing of parts to ensure that functional performance and physical characteristics conform to fabrication standards and specifications, using testing and measuring equipment.
– accept or reject parts and records inspection results.
– discuss inspection and test results with quality assurance, production, and other appropriate organisation members.
– review inspection results prepared by other inspectors
– carry out planned inspection tasks in accordance with applicable deadlines and contract requirements to meet safety standards, targets, criteria and deadlines and to maximise productivity and profitability
– assist team members on projects to ensure efficient operations and that targets are met
– provide advice, guidance and support to the organisation with regards to inspection process
– identify any shortfalls in and/or potential improvements to inspection policy and process, assess effectiveness of current policies and processes and recommend and implement required changes
– effective liaison, support and assistance between the department and remainder of organisation
– manage and carry out recruitment of team members, subject to agreed criteria
– train and appraise individual team members to ensure targets are met
– manage the performance and development of team members
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
– developing plans for team activities to include inspection strategy to achieve agreed targets, and effective planning
– direct and manage the preparation and agreement of individual action plans and targets for all team members
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– direct, manage and maintain contact with internal and external clients/customers for feedback and to obtain client/customer satisfaction information
– immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or its clients/customers to Line Manager
– set an example for team members of commitment, inspection activities, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate inspection records
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet agreed budgetary controls
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and clients/customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 8am to 4pm. However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. |
In view of the nature of the job you may be required to perform shift work (such as 12 Hour shifts including days, nights and weekends on a rota basis) and you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert following if applicable Your job will involve travel to sites within the agreed area. The agreed area is insert e.g. 20 mile radius, county etc
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, and the Organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for the team members who will report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using where applicable any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 2 years
– to hold the following insert as applicable
– experience of quality compliance governance
– thorough understanding of inspection and compliance management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics
– to demonstrate knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations for this
– leadership with ability to manage and motivate a team
– project management skills
– good attention to detail
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
– this role requires the following security and medical checks insert as applicable
insert anything else required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
|C – £45,000|
|insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.