Category C1 Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Transport e Manager
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable e.g. Poole site or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|To drive category C1 LGV on behalf of the organisation to meet targets and criteria with high standards of customer service and with legal compliance at all times. |
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Day to day responsibilities |
– carry out vehicle/equipment inspections on at least a daily basis and immediately report any defects to your Line Manager
– driving LGV in a responsible manner to meet agreed targets and criteria and with high standards of customer service and compliant with all current EU (or otherwise applicable) Road Transport regulations at all times.
– complete organisation documentation and comply with all legislation applicable to the vehicle’s Tachograph (Digi or Manual)
– assist with general associated activities including safe and legal loading (e.g. not overloaded or unbalanced) and offloading, check all orders, delivery notes and associated documentation, obtain signatures when required and report and deal with delivery discrepancies at the time of delivery
– immediately inform Line Manager of any incidents involving you/your vehicle and/or if you are unable to perform tasks on time or at all (accident, late etc)
– provide support and assistance to customers
– deal with collection of payment when required and in accordance with organisation processes
– effective liaison with internal and external customers
– carry out planned tasks in accordance with requirements and within set time limits
– assist Line Manager to make improvements and implement required changes
– assist Line Manager to deal with external agency relationships, including customer complaints
– maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work
– reporting (content and format as agreed) as required
– achieve agreed personal targets and assist Line Manager to achieve team targets
– ensure compliance with policies and procedures, codes, procedures and legislation including health and safety
– immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or its clients/customers to Line Manager
– contribute towards the smooth running of the team
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 8am to 4pm. However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. |
In view of the nature of the job you may be required to perform shift work (such as 12 Hour shifts including days, nights and weekends on a rota basis) and you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert following if applicable Your job will involve travel to sites within the allocated area. The allocated area is insert e.g. 20 mile radius, county etc
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues and the Organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the Organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
|Equipment – including vehicles |
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role. This means you should carry out checks as required and ensure that the vehicle is maintained and clean (inside and out)
You must also ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, all of the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment you use is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– to hold the following full licences, LGV CAT C1 and insert as applicable
– to hold the following insert as applicable e.g. Valid DigiTach holder, valid passport, CPC
– to have achieved the following qualifications and insert as applicable e.g. NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Driving Good Vehicle or NVQ Level 2 in Delivering Goods by Road.
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 2 years
– requisite knowledge of the vehicles, equipment and processes common to the role
– to demonstrate knowledge of applicable health and safety, codes, standards, and regulations for this role
– to be friendly and approachable with good communication skills
– to understand and deliver good customer service
– excellent attention to detail
– to demonstrate time management and task management skills
– good geographical knowledge
insert anything else required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the Organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires.
|C – 25,000 or insert £ per hour|
|insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.