In-House Hospitality Assistant
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Events Manager
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|Part of the in-house hospitality team who provide hospitality for the organisation. |
This is a position for an integral member of the team who will be expected to help with basic food and beverage preparation and general hosting, as and when required, as directed by the Line Manager.
This includes; liaising with other relevant departments/sections of the organisation, external venues and suppliers; assisting with the planning and preparation of events to adhere to agreed prices/budgets; maintaining applicable quality standards and control.
Assisting the Line Manager with ensuring compliance with sanitation, hygiene, health and safety legislation, organisational quality requirements and working policies and procedures.
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Day to day responsibilities as agreed with your Line Manager to include: |
– understanding the organisation and its brand and the requirements and criteria for each hospitality event, including internal customer requirements (departments, teams etc) and external (guests, invitees etc) expectations and needs
– to assist Line Manager with of all aspects of hospitality, including ordering and receiving supplies as directed
assist in the preparation of beverages, both hot and cold
– assist in the preparation of food for serving
– assist with general hosting duties (serving, clearing etc)
– monitor the quality management of food and beverage presentation
– ensuring compliance with sanitation, hygiene, health and safety legislation, organisational quality requirements and working policies and procedures.
– to assist Line Manager to co-ordinate food and drinks/beverages preparation and ancillary features
– to assist Line Manager to investigate and resolve internal and external customer complaints
– to provide for customers’ expectations and deal and resolve with all concerns/queries
– effective liaison, support and assistance with the remainder of organisation
– maintaining accurate records and accounts as required
– help set an example for team members of commitment, work ethic and habits and personal character
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to operate within budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 11am to 8pm. However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. |
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the organisation and its customers/clients. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management/ Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, all of the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as required e.g. NVQ etc
– certification required insert as required
– languages as required – insert as applicable e.g. English, Italian, knowledge of culinary French an advantage
– desirable to be a member of insert as applicable Association of Exhibition Organisers (AEO) or the Association for Conferences and Events (ACE),
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 5 years
– previous understanding and experience of the following insert as applicable
– good understanding of how the organisation works and of events management, food and beverage hygiene and quality standards and health and safety
– enthusiastic and hardworking
– committed to customer satisfaction
– high integrity and honesty in all dealings
– ability to work under pressure
insert anything else required e.g. computer systems , such as Delphi Banqueting Software etc,
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
INSERT any accommodation information as required e.g. “live in” etc
|C – £18,000|
|insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.