Fabrication Facilities Manager
Line manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Director
Insert as applicable
Head office in Braintree or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|Responsible for the development, performance and delivery all of the fabrication facilities to produce an efficient service and delivery solution, maximising efficiency, production, performance & profitability against pre-agreed targets.
Facilities relates to the provision and support to the organisation of insert as specific and applicable
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and direct the team to
– manage the maintenance, development, performance and delivery of the facilities to the organisation to produce an efficient service and delivery solution, maximising efficiency, production, performance & profitability against pre-agreed targets.
– ensure that the facilities team understands its duties and role within the organisation
– responsibility to adhere to budgets and plan to maximise efficiency, production and profitability
– meet your targets and those of the team and organisation as a whole
– the smooth running of the team and organisation as a whole
– contribute to training and development of the team and organisation as a whole
– assist Line Manager in achieving maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with organisation plans
– maintain responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related legal/statutory regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations and insert as applicable e.g. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Best Practice Guidelines, ISO certification
Day to day responsibilities agreed with your manager to include:
– manage, direct and monitor facilities activities and the overall performance of the team to increase efficiency, production and maximise performance and profit
– effective liaison, support and assistance with the whole of the organisation
– maintain and improve mechanisms for the provision of facilities, including surveying and measuring the process, outcomes and profitability and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– utilise appropriate systems to manage facilities functions, analysis and documentation
– development of plans for facilities to include projections to achieve targets
– developing plans for facilities and production progress
– support to all other departments with regard to facilities related matters
– subject to prescribed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
– assist in developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve targets
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– manage and maintain contact with internal and external clients/customers
– set an example for team members of commitment, facilities expertise, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate records
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation and its suppliers and customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 8am to 4pm. However you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
In view of the nature of the job you may be required to perform shift work (such as 12 Hour shifts including days, nights and weekends on a rota basis) and you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert following if applicable Your job will involve travel to sites within the agreed area. The agreed area is insert e.g. 20 mile radius, county etc .
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally.
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies.
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you
You have responsibility for other team members who will all report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the entire organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable, any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– languages required – insert as applicable e.g. English, French
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 5 years
– experience in – insert as applicable for role, depending on type of facilities required
– thorough understanding of manufacturing facilities management, requirements and dynamics
– to be able to use software – insert specific software if required
– affinity for facilities management and customer/supplier relationship management
– leadership with ability to motivate and manage a team
– proven ability to coach and develop others
– high degree of integrity and honesty in all dealings
– excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
Insert anything else as required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations, (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special Working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires.
|C – £45,000
|insert details of any benefits
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable