Customer Services Director
Insert as applicable e.g. Board of Directors
Head office in Braintree or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|Overall responsibility for the development, performance and maintenance of the customer service activities of the organisation |
The role also includes a position on the company’s Board of Directors and necessitates compliance with all requirements, including statutory obligations, as a Board member.
Main Tasks/duties and responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and direct the team : |
– overall responsibility for the development, performance and maintenance of the customer service function of the organisation
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– smooth running of the team
– contribute to training and development of the team
– achieve maximum profitability and growth in accordance with organisation plans
– comply with all requirements, including statutory obligations, as a member of the Board of Directors
Day to day responsibilities for the team as agreed with the Board of Directors to include:
– direct, manage and refine all customer service activities
– direct, manage, and monitor the overall performance of the customer services team
– effective liaison, support and assistance between customer services department and rest of organisation
– direct, maintain and improve mechanisms for surveying and measuring customer satisfaction and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– utilise CRM system to manage the functions of receiving, assessing, analysing, resolving and documenting customers’ issues and complaints in accordance with appropriate standards
– direct the development of plans for customer service activities to include customer management to achieve satisfaction targets
– support to all other departments with customer service and related issues
– subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
– developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve agreed targets
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– direct, manage and maintain contact with internal and external “client/customers” for feedback and to obtain client/customer satisfaction information
– set an example for team members of commitment, customer service knowledge, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate customer service records
– control expenses to meet agreed budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and clients/customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role even where these fall outside of your own department/team.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with the Board of Directors. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 9am to 5pm. However you will be expected to work as and when is necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. Your job will be a mixture of travel and office based.|
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, and the organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / supervisory responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for all of the team members who will all report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 5 years
– an understanding of the obligations, including statutory obligations, of being a member of the Board of Directors
– senior level experience of customer service
– good understanding of customer service management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics
– experience of computer software – insert as applicable
– ability in customer service management and control
– leadership with ability to drive a team
– project management skills
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
insert anything else required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
|Salary level||C – £75,000|
|Benefits||insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.