Assistant Security Manager
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Security Manager
Head office in Braintree or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|To assist in the development, performance and maintenance of the security activities of the organisation. |
Main Tasks/duties and responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and direct the team : |
– assist with providing efficient and comprehensive security services to the organisation
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– efficient running of the team
– contribute to training and development of the team
– assist your Line Manager in achieving complete security management systems in accordance with organisation plans, compliance and adherence to legislation and agreed regulatory bodies’ processes and procedures
– assist your Line Manager in performing all duties in compliance with security standards insert as applicable e.g. BS 7799 (ISO 17799)
Day to day responsibilities agreed with your Line Manager to include:
– assist with the management of all the day to day security activities
– provide effective liaison, support and assistance between the security department and rest of organisation
– maintain and improve mechanisms for surveying activity which might impact on security and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
– use systems to manage the functions of assessing, analysing, resolving and documenting security incidents and issues in accordance with organisation requirements
– assist with developing plans for security activities to achieve satisfaction targets
– assist with support to all other departments with security related issues
– assist with ensuring that the organisation meets all agreed security and associated health and safety objectives
– assist with responsibility for monitoring & managing security systems and equipment servicing and/or maintenance in conjunction with other appropriate departments
— assist with managing the performance of the security team and its individual members.
– subject to agreed criteria, recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
– assist with developing plans for team activities to achieve agreed targets
– assist with preparation and agreement of individual action plans and targets for all team members
– prepare and conduct presentations
– delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
– set an example for team members of commitment, security activities, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate records
– control expenses to meet agreed budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and clients/customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 9am to 5pm. |
However because of the nature of the job you may be required to perform some shift work (such as 12 Hour shifts including days, nights and weekends on a rota basis) and you will be expected to work as and when necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets.
Insert following if applicable Your job will be a mixture of travel and office based.
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, the organisation and its clients/customers. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / supervisory responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for the team members who will all report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law and using, where applicable any safety equipment or Personal Protective Equipment provided. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 2 years
– full insert e.g. 5 year checkable history and obtain a clear criminal record check.
– experience of security governance
– understanding of security management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics
– genuine desire to provide security services with a high degree of personal responsibility
– using computer software – insert as applicable
– ability to contribute towards security management and control
– leadership with ability to motivate a team
– project management skills
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
insert anything else required e.g. security clearance such as for Prisons/Ministry of Justice at either the Standard (enhanced) level or CTC level (Counter Terrorism Clearance).
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
|Salary level||C – £38,000|
|Benefits||insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert as applicable
Insert as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.