Assistant Human Resources Manager
Line Manager/ Reports to
Insert as applicable e.g. Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Team – Essex
Head office in Braintree or such other location that may be required of the job role
Website details can be inserted here
Job Ref & about the organisation
Social Media info etc
|To assist in the development, performance and maintenance of the Human Resource activities of the organisation|
Main Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities
|Responsibility to staff and directing the team: |
– responsibility to assist your Line Manager in the human resources activities of the organisation
– meet your targets and those of the team as a whole
– assist in the smooth running of the of the team
– contribute to training and development of the team
– adhere to statutory obligations and agreed quality and best practice guidelines
Day to day responsibilities for the team as agreed with your Line Manager to include:
– provide advice, guidance and support to the organisation with regards to employment legislation and issues, organisation policies and practices, referring to the Line Manager as appropriate
– effective liaison, support and assistance between the department and remainder of organisation
– assist the Line Manager to identify shortfalls in and/or improvements to policy and process, assess effectiveness of current policies and processes and recommend and implement required changes
– assist Line Manager to carry out interviews, including exit interviews, as required, providing effective feedback to managers and summary information for necessary reports
– design and deliver training courses within the organisation as required
– assist the Line Manager to liaise with external agencies relation to HR matters
– assist the Line Manager to manage and direct the overall performance of the HR team.
– subject to agreed criteria, assist the Line Manager in recruitment, training, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
– reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis
– assist the Line Manager in developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve agreed targets
– prepare and agree individual action plans and targets for all team members
– assist in the development and preparation of the organisation’s HR strategy and general business planning
– delegate authority and responsibility to the team with supervision, accountability and review
– set an example for team members of commitment, HR activities, work ethics and habits and personal character
– maintain accurate records as required
– responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet agreed budgetary controls
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
– interact and co-operate with the all members of the organisation and its suppliers and clients/customers
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
|Your usual hours will be from 9am to 5pm. However you will be expected to work as and when is necessary to meet the needs of the team and your targets. |
Insert if applicable Your job will be a mixture of travel and office based.
|The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to use perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when are necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. |
You must carry out your duties to the best of your ability, having consideration for the needs of your colleagues, and the Organisation and its customers/clients. You must obey all lawful and reasonable orders given to you and comply with the organisation’s rules, procedures and policies
Management / supervisory responsibilities
People or equipment
|People who report to you |
You have responsibility for other team members who will report directly to you
You are responsible for the equipment provided to you for use in your job role and to your team. This means you must ensure that equipment is used in accordance with training provided, the organisation’s policies and procedures and the law. You are responsible for ensuring that the equipment used by the team is maintained and can be used/operated at all times.
Essential Abilities/ Competencies of this job role
|You need |
– CIPD and other qualifications sufficient to perform the job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum BA
– languages required – insert as applicable e.g. English, Welsh
– experience in this type of job role – insert as applicable e.g. minimum 3 years
– good understanding of HR issues and employment law
– leadership with ability to drive the organisation’s HR
– proven ability to coach and develop others
– high integrity and honesty in all dealings
– excellent analytical, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
– project management skills
– ability to work under pressure
– full driving licence
insert anything else as required
You need to have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform your job role to comply with the requirements of the organisation and any applicable rules, regulations (particularly of any professional body) and with any law which applies to your job role.
Special working Conditions
|You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies |
Insert following if applicable – The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires
|Salary level||C – £35,000|
|Benefits||insert details of any benefits|
Approved by Name
Insert details as applicable
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.