An exciting and challenging role has come up with a well-renowned LNG ship management company within the LNG sector.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that is being strengthened due to continuing fleet expansion.
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Position: Technical Superintendent
Salary & Benefits
- Attractive Tax-Free salary, to be negotiated
- Comprehensive benefits package offered
- Technical supervision of assigned vessels, dealing with routine and non-routine maintenance and repair.
- Authorising and supervising supply of spare parts, stores and services.
- Attending vessels worldwide to supervise schedules
- Monitoring the arrival and departure of LNG vessels including the berthing and mooring operations.
- Monitoring vessel condition and ships staff compliance with management policies, international, state and local regulations through regular ship inspections
- Assist in preparing vessel-operating budgets.
- Monitoring and controlling operating costs within agreed budgets.
- Preparation of the major repair specification
- Prepare monthly Planned Maintenance Status Report.
- Supervision of the major repair periods at the chosen shipyard, administer guarantee claims on ship builders.
- Collate routine monthly technical reports received from the vessels.
- Distribute routine technical and class reports to the vessels.
- Work on longer-term projects e.g., planned maintenance systems and capital projects.
- Response and follow-up to vessels technical correspondence.
- Handling of hull and machinery insurance matters for each vessel.
- Review Engineering staff appraisals
- Interviewing prospective senior engine room staff.
- Brief/de-brief and appraise Chief Engineers.
- Provide support in all aspects of ship operation, including cargo work, manning, as well as M & R.
- Work closely with and provide engineering advice to the fleet team.
- Carry out and assist as required with risk assessment procedures and accident / incident investigations and prepare reports.
- Attend weekly Department and Company meetings.
- Self-motivated team player
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Good time management skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Certificate of Competency Class 1
- Senior officer position at 1st Assistant or higher
- LNG Experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience in shore-based position (desirable)
- Professional qualifications in an engineering / electronics field would be an advantage
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.