Skills Provision is searching for a Software Development Manager.
The employing company require a person who has significant experience managing roadmaps and lifecycles for retail development products.
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary & Benefits
- AED 300,000 p/a tax-free
- Benefits package offered
- Drive and shape the delivery of software development for sets of applications to agreed cost, quality and timescales, in support of approved projects.
- Ensure strong and productive working relationships with business teams and other functions in IT.
- Measure, report and improve performance (internal and external teams)
- Long term planning to ensure resources and capability to meet annual plans and roadmaps
- Identify and mitigate risks to delivery. Provide a point of escalation and issue resolution. Identify and rectify any underlying issues or escalate as required.
- Recruit, lead, manage, coach and develop staff, and ensure consistent and good quality management throughout the function.
- Manage and develop effective working relationships with third party software development service and package providers.
- Manage the selection and establishment of new suppliers.
- Develop and deliver roadmaps for all active products in scope. Consolidate, ensure consistency across all areas and gain agreement for roadmaps, generating project work as required.
- Drive out duplication wherever possible.
- Collaborate with architecture and help develop the IT strategy. Identify and propose technology opportunities to allow IT to better meet the business objectives.
- Manage the cost-centre budget for defined area, in collaboration with Head of Solutions Delivery. Manage the build and test elements of Project budgets.
- Sign-off overall design and build estimates provided to Project Managers. Review and sign off of systems models and designs.
- Ensure standards, tools, methods and processes are in place and adhered to for building applications.
- Track record of delivering application solutions on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards
- Retail/supply chain understanding
- Experience of managing applications development functions
- Leadership and management of internal staff
- Management of third-party vendors and contracts
- Commercial awareness
- Resource management
- Solid technical background and understanding
- Project management and planning experience
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.