We are currently seeking a Sustainability Specialist ideally from a consultancy background with experience working on multi-million-pound construction projects.
Location: South West, United Kingdom
Salary & Benefits
- £52,000 pa
- Benefits package offered
- Develop the plans, processes and procedures required to deliver and demonstrate compliance with planning and environmental commitments and sustainability measures adopted by the project.
- Assist the organisation with monitoring environmental and sustainability performance and compliance, through the project lifecycle of design, procurement, construction, commissioning, operation and eventually, decommissioning.
- Support the delivery of the sustainability commitments and ensure sustainability is embedded within the management systems.
- Support the construction sites with their engagement with regulators, the public, local authorities and other key stakeholders in the context of sustainability.
- Expertise in sustainability will support the delivery of the specific sustainability commitments and adoption of sustainability across the project to deliver the project safely, sustainably and to time and cost.
- Ensure the sustainability commitments are recognised at the highest level.
- Provide sustainability advice and oversight to site preparation and construction activities.
- Define and drive the implementation of the sustainability strategy, consistent with the commitments for the new build sites throughout the phases of design, construction, commissioning and operation.
- Develop, in collaboration with other groups, appropriate performance measures, KPIs, monitoring and reporting framework to enable evaluation of project and contractor performance and risks.
- Build relationships with and influence key internal stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to ensure sustainability is addressed appropriately across the project.
- Identify any opportunities to improve sustainability performance including specific measures, initiatives and networks.
- Typically, degree qualified or equivalent in a related discipline, ideally with elements of sustainability and/or sustainable construction.
- Knowledge in designing, implementing and maintaining sustainability strategy and objectives.
- Knowledge of the key standards relevant to sustainable construction
- Knowledge of the sustainability performance of comparable large infrastructure projects.
- Experience of working with broad multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.