Skills Provision is searching for a Software Administrator to assist with the management of process and licensing for a leading IT company based in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be solely responsible for the upkeep of the Definitive Software Library and information on all software licenses held within the group
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary & Benefits
- £37,500 pa
- Benefits package offered
- Accountable for the Maintenance and administration the Software Media Control and Booking system and organisation of the media storeroom.
- Maintenance of the Software Licensing documentation and administration of physical and electronic software licenses
- Administration of all software supported by Information Services
- Ensure that the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is managed, accurate and up to date with software asset information
- Ensure Software License compliancy is managed, accurate and up to date
- Establish and manage Software Asset Management processes and procedures to record details of all software Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes
- Ensure that all software asset details including relevant attributes and relationships are managed, accurate and up to date
- Establish and manage the process for software retirement and disposal to ensure it is disposed of in accordance with all security and environmental requirements whilst maximising the benefit/minimising the cost to the business.
- Conduct regular audits of the installed estate comparing the results with the software asset register and manage reconciliation and the accuracy of the CMDB
- Liaise with the IT Sourcing team to understand management of quotes, order placement and maintenance contracts
- Work with the Configuration Manager to collect information on what licensable software is installed.
- To manage licence entitlement including the complexities of licensing terms and establishing license pooling and harvesting.
- Work Closely with the Software Catalogue Manager to provide input into the Software Catalogue
- Function as the day-to-day operations subject matter expert in Software administration. Acts as policy guardian for the Software administration process
- Experience in Software Asset Management administration, processes, and systems
- Up to date understanding of IT Software Asset Management processes and principles
- Certificate in Software Asset Management
- Good financial and commercial awareness and considers the commercial impact of all decisions
- Experience and knowledge of the software life cycle from licensing to purchasing to deployment to decommissioning. Familiar with the licensing of most major Publishers products and their usage rights
- Up to date knowledge and experience with software asset management, familiarity with software licensing and license use rights (entitlements)- software contract entitlements etc
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Good understanding of IT and its relationship to the business
- Ability to grasp new software licensing requirements quickly
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.