Our client, a global consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy have a new requirement for a Senior Project Engineer to Lead the design and analysis activities for new wind turbine gearbox projects.
Location: United Kingdom
Salary & Benefits
- £60,000 p/a
- Benefits package available
- As part of a bid team, liaise with clients to fully comprehend the various technical elements required at each stage of the design project
- Prepare technical input for bids and liaise with the commercial team to create proposals for pure design/analysis projects, or input to larger bids. Use lessons learned in each bid to improve technical bid documentation continuously
- Define the internal resources required to deliver wind gearbox design & analysis projects and the project structures best suited to each piece of work
- Lead & support the task team(s), made up of designers, analysts, and project managers through provision of specialist technical knowledge and direction
- Input to internal research and development projects that would benefit our client’s offering to the wind market and help propose them to senior management for sign off and then lead delivery of key parts of said projects
- Build strong working relationships with clients that lead to repeat business and build the reputation of our client in the wind energy market globally
- The Senior Project Engineer – Wind Gearbox Design & Analysis will be a highly intelligent, insightful individual whose experience will most likely have been gained within a wind turbine OEM, supply chain OEM or technical wind consultancy.
- They will have an advanced knowledge of gearbox technology for wind energy applications and experience of involvement in multiple design projects in this field.
- They will have demonstrated the ability to deliver as part of technical teams, ideally within a matrix organisation.
- The appropriate candidate will comprehend the commercial pressures and drivers affecting delivery of technical consultancy projects.
- Have excellent technical appreciation of wind gearbox technology
- Bring wind gearbox specific design expertise to the table to complement our client’s long history of drivetrain engineering excellence
- Have the ability to work in project teams in a matrix organisation
- Able to interact comfortably with clients and build strong working relationships
- Educated to a minimum of bachelor’s degree level, ideally post graduate level, in a relevant engineering discipline
- Ideally a chartered engineer
- Demonstrate intelligence, sound judgement, common-sense and engineering excellence
- Be highly motivated, with a versatile personality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Have commitment and a personal style suited to working within a high-value, complex technical consultancy environment that brings together diverse partners
- Have a can-do attitude and a desire to find innovative solutions to complex problems
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.