Skills Provision is searching for a Senior Engineering Manager to work for an Italian company that specialises in the design and manufacture of rescue equipment.
Under the supervision of the CEO, this position provides technical direction and business guidance for all engineering functions. Assures effective management of product development including new product design, ongoing improvements, support for manufacturing operations, and the integrity of technical documentation.
Location: Rome, Italy
Salary & Benefits
- €136,000 p/a + Annual Bonus
- Substantial benefits package available
- Manage product development projects, including design of new products, assuring successful completion meeting performance, cost, and timetable requirements.
- Initiate and oversee ongoing product improvement activity.
- Work directly with European suppliers, manufacturers, and designers to define and refine design elements, materials, and functional requirements consistent with product performance criteria.
- Investigate and resolve product quality and performance issues on a priority basis to minimise impact on customers.
- Design and conduct tests and experiments to evaluate performance of current and proposed future products and materials to ensure optimisation.
- Oversee testing, evaluation and preparation of documentation.
- Participate in industry trade shows.
- Manage technical database of engineering documentation, including certifications, test results, and detailed drawings/design specifications.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technical innovations.
- Supervise engineering department.
- Conduct performance reviews and maintains open, effective communications with department heads.
- Degree in engineering with a preference in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Hands on design experience.
- Requires analytical ability to visualise and communicate complex ideas and the ability to reduce technical concepts to easily understood documentation.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tolerances and metals required.
- Must be able to analyse problems and suggest realistic solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Italian & English)
- Must be proficient with technical documentation, computer design tools and able to translate ideas into documentation in accordance with industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering tolerances, drawings, and measuring tools and gages
- Requires strong management skills to effectively lead the engineering team.
- Able to make presentations to customers and industry groups, demonstrating effective communication skills in written and oral situations.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and successfully with other disciplines to achieve company goals.
- Strong personality, a natural leader.
- Act as a mentor to the junior members of the team.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.