We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist with expertise in cell line construction to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the United Kingdom.
Salary & Benefits
- £60,000+ p/a
- Benefits package offered
- Provide leadership to Process Development in the development of cell lines for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins
- To ensure the department achieves its goal of being recognised internationally as a centre of scientific excellence.
- To provide strong scientific and technical leadership in the identification, evaluation, and championing of new technologies for cell line development whilst maintaining and improving established technologies.
- To be a Subject Matter Expert in the culture of cell lines, cell line selection and development
- To design and lead multi-disciplinary project teams to achieve customers’ or our client’s objectives
- To regularly communicate progress of projects by means of both verbal presentations and written reports to both internal groups and to customers.
- To recognise emerging issues and to initiate escalation and formation and management of multidisciplinary teams to resolve the problems.
- To recognise emerging trends that impact our client’s ability to deliver its customers’ projects or win new business in both short and long terms.
- To ensure high standard of science and quality of work maintained for customer and technology development projects
- To develop and mentor more junior scientists within Process Development.
- To contribute to the efficient running of the department
- BSc in a Life Sciences discipline (i.e Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology etc)
- Substantial post-graduate experience working in the biotech / pharma industry.
- A demonstratable and substantial track record in process development with a strong focus on cell line development in a biopharmaceutical / biotech company.
- Experience in working in a fast-changing working environment related to commercial process development.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments will be required. Strong evidence of the ability to work in and lead cross-functional matrix teams.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.