Mining company in South Africa requires a Project Engineer skilled in mining scopes and feasibility studies. This company owns one of the largest mining resources in the world.
The Engineer will be required to travel to various sites and occasionally internationally.
Salary & Benefits
- R 560,000 p/a
- Extensive Benefits package available
- Support Project Management Team as required.
- Compile the Monthly Project Progress Report for review by the Project Management Team.
- Complete all assigned tasks as delegated by the Project Management Team.
- Coordination of internal and external engineering activities and the interdisciplinary interfaces in close coordination with Project Consultants.
- Ensure technical requirements are properly incorporated into engineering deliverables.
- Manage and facilitates communication across the engineering functions to ensure that the project objectives and needs are met.
- Coordinate Internal and External Design Reviews.
- Support the Cost Control and Forecasting activities for Project Reporting.
- Maintain and update of the Project Schedule.
- Coordination of internal and external technical aspects.
- Lead technical negotiations and bid evaluation for engineering and equipment packages.
- Provide liaison services between engineering and construction.
- Attend/conduct project and site meetings as required.
- Review and provide input on P&IDs, Equipment Lists, Technical Specifications and other Project Specific Documentation.
- Prepare Construction Bid Package documents, in collaboration with construction engineering, for project construction subcontracts. This will include initial preparation to final (conformed) contract package.
- BSc in engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates will have an Engineering background with ideally 5 years relevant project execution/design experience.
- Possess a broad understanding of the major design engineering disciplines, i.e., Piping, Equipment, Process, Civil/Structural, Instrumentation, and Electrical.
- Basic understanding of processes typical of mineral processing project.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, MS Project, and other
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional engineer registration desired.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.