Skills Provision is searching for a Microbiology Laboratory Technician for a company in Switzerland.
The employing company is an independent laboratory offering testing services to the medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries.
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Salary & Benefits
- 105,000 CHF p/a
- Benefits package available
- Providing support as needed to study directors in their efforts to ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time and quality specifications.
- Work together with staff to ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
- Participate in company-wide projects designed to improve services.
- Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
- Assist study directors in specific tasks related to the conduct of a given test or group of tests.
- Perform general tasks essential to a clean and efficient microbiology lab.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to train on applicable general SOP’s pertaining to the microbiology department.
- Participate as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Assume the role of study director for certain microbiology.
- Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.
- Degree in a relevant science
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of basic microbiology preferred.
- Basic maths skills required.
- Solid grasp of basic scientific language required.
- Computer proficiency preferred.
- Must become proficient in aseptic technique.
- Must become proficient in preparing various media.
- Must become proficient with all documentation.
- Must become proficient at using and maintaining equipment used in microbiology lab (incubators, refrigerators, freezers, balances, pipettors, etc.).
- Fluent in English.
- Must be able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.