Our client is a global success story in Health, Hygiene and Home products. Their success is led by successful brands and our aim is to achieve global market leadership. The company vision is a world where people are healthier and live better. Its purpose is to make a difference by giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
Position: Industrial Technical Designer
Location: United Kingdom
Salary & Benefits
- £39,400 p/a
- Extensive Benefits package available
- Under the direction of the Global Packaging Innovation Manager, conceptualize and develop new Structural Packaging, Mechanical Devices and a wide variety of product delivery methods by:
- Assisting in the identification of strategic consumer, technology, and product insights
- Develop compelling designs from conception through proof of principle.
- Manage the development and delivery of the design proposition of established projects
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders; Category R&D; Marketing, Global Design, and Supply, as well as external agencies and suppliers
- Compose design / development briefs to ensuring that identified targets are delivered
- Ensure all projects effectively consider the fundamental, consumer, brand, cost, technical and quality success criteria.
- Proactively track and respond to competitor threats by understanding their development activities and identifying strategic responsive solutions.
- Seek and protect technical invention via patenting whenever possible.
- Forecast and manage both team & project budgets, ensuring team operation objectives are met within allocated funds.
- Live the company’s core values of Achievement, Partnership, Entrepreneurship and Commitment.
- Minimum BA / BS degree in Industrial Design
- Extensive experience in Manufacturing or Design Consultancy.
- Creative lateral thinking and passionate problem solver.
- Exceptional sketching ability and advanced form development.
- Creative, collaborative, and positive approach to innovation and complex structural challenges.
- Strong knowledge of Injection Moulding, Blow Moulding, and other material forming technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral – delivered to both a technical & non- technical audience
- Proficient in constructing proof of principle prototypes to effectively demonstrate ideas using in house workshop & 3d Printing facilities.
- Proficient with business software, including MS Office.
- Ability to cost of the structural ideas & actively contribute to creative cost reduction projects
- Knowledge of Electro-mechanical products & assembly methods
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.