We are recruiting a Histology Manager to join our pathology laboratory based in the UK. You will be responsible for managing a team of laboratory staff and assisting with the administration of laboratory testing.
Salary & Benefits
- £52,500 pa
- Extensive Benefits package available
- Manage and direct the daily activities of assigned laboratory work group(s) through appropriate delegation, technical skills training, and work supervision. Meet regularly with staff and senior management to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues.
- Screen and assign workload. Plan, prioritise and assign tasks and projects. Counsel, train and coach laboratory staff. Assist in developing performance standards. Monitor work, develop staff skills and evaluate performance.
- Assist in establishment and revision of laboratory policies and procedures. Maintain appropriate control and quality assurance procedures. Ensure compliance with safety requirements.
- Keep abreast of new technical developments. Assist with implementation of new tests, equipment, programs and/or procedures in the assigned area(s) as needed. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency.
- Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and teamwork. Participate in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
- In depth knowledge of histology
- In depth knowledge of pathology Standards and applicable laboratory testing regulations
- Working knowledge of quality assurance and quality control principles in a Pathology Laboratory
- Knowledge of Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Effective supervision and coaching skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.