Skills Provision require a Health, Safety & Environment Manager for a prominent company in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing health and safety leadership for various sites in the UK and ensure health and safety management systems are being developed and are delivering continuous improvement through robust safety management systems and KPI measures.
Salary & Benefits
- £70,000 p/a
- Benefits package offered
- Advising and providing consultancy on all health and safety matters.
- Performance of inspections regarding working conditions and adherence to rules and principles of health and safety as well as supervision of compliance of safety procedures with current legal regulations, regular update of safety principles.
- Informing the company on a regular basis about observed threats along with conclusions aimed at elimination of such threats.
- Development and presentation to the employer, at least every 6 months, of periodic analyses of the health and safety conditions, including proposals of technical and organisation actions aimed at preventing occurrence of threats to life and health of employees and improving working conditions.
- Assisting line managers with Risk Assessments, including ergonomic recommendations and health and safety requirements to the introduction of new production processes.
- Keep up to date on all H&S Legislation and advise on how to conform e.g. COSHH, noise, etc.
- Maintain all H&S records, including COSHH, accident data, statistical data, etc.
- Maintain liaison with Insurers and other external bodies to safeguard the company’s interest’s e.g. industrial injury claims.
- Produce reports on specific accidents determining circumstances and causes of accidents at work and drawing up conclusions from examination of reason and circumstances of these accidents, as well as supervision over implementation of these conclusions.
- Analysis of accidents and their causes, implementation of projects aimed at reduction of causes of accidents.
- Maintain records to document all accidents, diagnosed occupational diseases and suspicions of such disease as well as strong results from examinations and measurement of agents hazardous to health in the work environment.
- Development and supervision of total execution of the company’s safety plan.
- Participation in development of internal company regulations, by-laws and general instructions concerning health and safety as well as delegating tasks to persons supervising employees in the scope of health and safety.
- Degree Level Qualification
- H&S qualification e.g. NEBOSH
- Environmental Qualification
- Food Industry experience
- Membership of appropriate institutions desirable
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.