We are currently searching for a Head of Production to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland.
Please note – Previous experience in a Senior production role within a commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is required.
Salary & Benefits
- £71,300 pa
- Comprehensive benefits package offered
- Oversee all commercial production operations, ensuring that suitable resources and expertise are employed to deliver the service in line with business objectives.
- Instil the necessary attitude and behaviours of all personnel in the departments for the achievement of quality compliance, production efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities are undertaken in accordance with the registered product requirements and to current regulatory and quality standards.
- Ensure suitable metrics are applied to measure production resource utilisation and actual production costs. Conduct regular reviews of process efficiency and lead multifunctional teams as required to implement change management programmes as approved.
- Analyse all production methods, techniques, processes and machinery and develop and implement improvements or changes in order to maintain the highest levels of performance within the department.
- Analyse labour (Direct, Indirect and Salaried) and material usage costs and take appropriate action to control and / or correct problem areas.
- Maintain asset utilisation and availability metrics to ensure that process equipment usage is appropriate, and that plant and equipment maintenance programmes are optimised.
- Support activities necessary to promote and grow the business ensuring that all new business enquiries are fully evaluated from a production perspective and that the proposed process solutions are costed accurately.
- Lead the smooth transfer of new product manufacturing introductions into commercial operations and ensure that staff are suitably and fully trained in both the process technologies and key process parameters relevant to all new products
- Oversee new packaging only product introductions into commercial operations and ensure that staff are suitably and fully trained in both the process technologies and key process parameters relevant to all new products
- Participate in capital investment projects providing input on facility design and equipment requirements and solution selection.
- Assist in the preparation of department budgets and effective management of department costs.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and experience of industry trends and guidance with respect to packaging and anti-counterfeit technologies and solutions.
- Sc. (or equivalent) in a Life Science subject.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing qualification
- IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent
- Held a senior production role (i.e Senior Production Manager, Production Manager) within a commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing environment which included solid oral dose manufacturing and packaging operations.
- Significant track record in processes and technologies applied in the manufacture of solid oral dosage forms.
- Significant exposure to the end customer and the client services environment and culture.
- Have developed a team of Shift Managers or equivalent through a business improvement program with a focus on continuous improvement
- Previous experience of producing an annual plan detailing the activities required to achieve the divisional or corporate goals
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.