Skills Provision is searching for a General Manager for a company in the United States.
Our client provides supply chain solutions for companies in the software, technology, electronics, healthcare, and consumer goods industries. Through innovation, cutting-edge solutions, and supply chain expertise they remain at the forefront of the industry and continue to deliver. Due to unforeseen circumstances, they are now searching for a new GM.
Location: Atlanta, United States
Salary & Benefits
- $195,000 pa + Annual bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package available
- Plan, organise and direct material flow through receiving, warehousing, production, and distribution activities to meet or exceed established objectives in a cost-effective, timely and efficient manner.
- Direct and monitor staff activities, which includes ensuring correct workload planning, receiving, inventory controls and distribution, continuously monitoring for quality performance and timeliness, and handling any personnel issues, to include corrective action, training, etc.
- Serve as the 1st point of contact for Customer Distribution complaints. Coordinate with other managers and supervisors, if needed. Promptly investigate and ensure timely successful resolution.
- Proactively review (observe & audit) operational and staff practices to ensure correct and quality workmanship and process flow. Diagnose any potential areas needing improvement and identify and implement process improvements to increase productivity.
- Continually seek out ways to recommend and implement changes that will improve warehousing, inventory control, distribution processes, promoting efficient material movement while improving accuracy and response time to customers and increase profitability.
- Maintain quality control processes ensuring of proper material identification and maintenance of established inventory accuracy goals through cycle count processes.
- Ensure that Distribution processes and procedures follow governmental agencies and export & import regulations, including duties and taxes pertaining to the customer base.
- Work closely with plant packaging and procurement operations; provide necessary product quantities and on-time material delivery through proper daily scheduling of processing and kitting materials.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs, ensuring effective equipment utilization.
- Maintain warehouse and distribution floor organisation, safety & cleanliness among staff. Continually ensure equipment & all safety measures are in place, and that all staff personnel have the required safety training.
- Manage Customer Service Account Managers
- Monitor costs to control labour, warehousing, and distribution expenses, adhering to budget.
- Degree in Engineering.
- 15+ years’ experience in plant/operational management in a manufacturing, distribution and/or turnkey environment.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, delegate and prioritise.
- Background in warehousing, inventory controls and distribution, process improvement preferably within an ISO environment.
- Strong initiative with sense of urgency, leadership, analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet all deadlines, prioritise, and manage workflow. Strong follow up to closure attitude.
- Excellent communications (ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds), multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills.
- Background in customer service a plus.
- A natural, strong leader.
- Ability to command and lead from the front.
- An inspirational character.
- Willingness to travel.
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.