An exciting and challenging role has come up with a well renowned LNG ship management company within the LNG sector. To be eligible to apply for this role it is essential that you hold a Chief Engineers Unlimited Certificate endorsed for steam vessel operation, previous superintendence experience would be a distinct advantage. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team which is being strengthened due to continuing fleet expansion.
Position: Chief Engineer
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Salary & Benefits
- €82,000 pa
- Extensive Benefits package available
- Technical supervision of assigned vessels, dealing with routine and non-routine maintenance and repair.
- Authorise and supervising supply of spare parts, stores and services.
- Attend vessels worldwide to supervise scheduled and unscheduled
- Attend LNG vessel pre-discharge meetings with Charterer’s representatives, Buyers and Terminal Personnel before vessels arrival.
- Monitor the arrival and departure of LNG vessels including the berthing and mooring operations, at the discharge and loading terminals as necessary.
- Monitor vessel condition and ships staff compliance with management policies, international, state and local regulations through regular ship inspections
- Assist in preparing vessel-operating budgets.
- Monitor and controlling operating costs within agreed budgets.
- Preparation of the major repair specification
- Prepare monthly Planned Maintenance Status Report.
- Supervision of the major repair periods at the chosen shipyard, administer guarantee claims on ship builders.
- Collate routine monthly technical reports received from the vessels.
- Distribute routine technical and class reports to the vessels.
- Work on longer-term projects e.g. planned maintenance systems and capital projects.
- Respond and follow-up to vessels technical correspondence.
- Handle of hull and machinery insurance matters for each vessel.
- Arrange surveys for statutory and Classification Society surveys.
- Liaison with Superintendent, Fleet Personnel on matters related to engineering sea staff.
- Review Engineering staff appraisals
- Interview prospective senior engine room staff.
- Brief/de-brief and appraise Chief Engineers.
- Provide support in all aspects of ship operation, including cargo work, manning
- Work closely with and provide engineering advice to the fleet team.
- Carry out and assist as required with risk assessment procedures and accident / incident investigations and prepare reports.
- Attend weekly Department and Company meetings.
- Self-motivated team player
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Good time management skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Certificate of Competency to Class 1
- Senior officer position at 1st Assistant or higher
- LNG Experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience in shore-based position (desirable)
- Professional qualifications in an engineering / electronics field would be an advantage
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.