A motivated and hardworking individual within the zoo community who flourishes under increased responsibility and is quick to pick up new skills. Key assets include attention to detail, keeping to deadlines, and being a real team player. Specializes in leading research on specified animal diets, feeding, and social behavior, and is committed to exceeding on aims and objectives. Continually reflects on own performance to improve and grow professionally.
2006-Present ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF IRELAND
General Assistant, Grade II
• Instrumental in the care, feeding, training, handling, restraining, and general maintenance of all zoo animals, keeping their welfare at the heart of matters at all times
• Formulating the differing diets and determining appropriate feeding schedules for all animals, based on veterinarian recommendations
• Constantly observing animals for any signs of illness or injury, and assisting the vet in the health care of animals, including treatment, vaccination, surgery, X-rays, and other laboratory tests and procedures
• Preparing orders for animal feed, equipment, supplies, materials, and medication, as well as maintaining accurate and up-to-date animal care and maintenance records and inventories for each assigned area
• Identifying and recommending improvements to animal care and the management and exhibition of animals in zoos to prevent psychological damage to animals and keep them safe and content
• Assisting in the movement of animals as directed, and ensuring animals are safely held by checking that locking devices and cages are secure
• Supervising and participating in the cleaning and disinfecting of cages, dens, houses, food trays, and water pans to ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times
• Supervising in the maintenance, repair, and grounds keeping of an assigned area, as well as draining and cleaning out the swimming tanks, and collecting and disposing of refuse
• Assisting in public presentations and interacting with zoo stakeholders and visitors by creating a calm and ambient atmosphere where visitors feel welcome and comfortable enough to ask questions about the animals and their habitats
• Performing animal immobilization, crating, shipping, isolation, and quarantine activities to a high standard, reducing disruption for animals involved to lowest level possible
• Playing a vital role in the training of Californian sea lions and Asian elephants leading to useful traits, for example teaching a sea lion to hold out its flipper so a blood sample can easily be taken
• Operating heavy zoo machinery, such as tractors and compact loaders
2001-2005 ZEGLUGA MAZURSKA LTD., POLAND
• Ensuring accuracy and attention to detail when processing purchase invoices, matching relevant delivery dockets, posting them to the ledger drafting, and analyzing financial data
• Undertaking general office administration duties such as preparing the payroll, entering data correctly, and dealing with warehouse documentation
• Demonstrating responsibility and integrity by being tasked with handling of large amounts of incoming cash, ensuring it goes to the relevant bank accounts, and operating the till
• Maintenance and up keep of files for proof of delivery
• Checking and identifying statements for any missing purchase invoices or credit notes, and processing information for annual stock take after warehouse count is finished
2000-2001 MILITARY SERVICE, POLAND
• Undertaking compulsory military service on board shutter tanks and transporters
1998-2000 ZEGLUGA MAZURSKA LTD., POLAND
• Similar to role and responsibilities of Accountant Assistant above
1992-1998 Cabinet Maker & Deck Hand
• Demonstrating expertise in all aspects of cabinet making such as carefully cutting and shaping timber for floorboards, skirting boards, and window frames
• Meticulously measuring, making, and assembling doors, window frames, staircases and fitted furniture
• Fully accountable for accurately fitting floor and roof joists, roof timbers, staircases, partition walls, doors, and window frames
• Crafting and cutting materials to specified measurements, using a variety of hand tools, machines, and power saws, as well as building temporary wooden supports
Education and Qualifications
Certificate: Advanced National Certificate in the Management of Zoo Animals, Level 3, Sparsholt College, Hampshire (2012)
Modules included: Principles of Animal Behavior, Specialist Husbandry of Zoo Animals, & Management of Reptiles, Carnivores, Aquatic Mammals, Elephants, Birds, & Invertebrates
As a Technician, College of Marketing and Sales, Poland (2000)
Marketing Technician & Leaving Certificate, Technical & Vocational Secondary School of Wood Technology, Poland (1998)
In Cabinet Making, Poland (1995)
IT Proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel), & Zootrition Dietary Management Software
Other: Advanced English, Fluent Polish (mother tongue), & Basic Russian
Manual Handling Certificate & Massage Therapist Certificate
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.