An educated, informed and competent Air and Ground Logistics Manager, who has a long track record of delivering the right products, in the right quantities, to the right location and at the right time. I am organised, process driven, and have the ability to develop efficient logistics procedures. During my long career, I have had extensive exposure to first tier logistics and manufacturing supply chain management, pro-active and able to keep numerous plates spinning without losing focus
BSA, Aviation Management
2001 – 2004
High School, Mathematics, English Language Studies, Engineering, 0 Level
1976 – 1980
August 2013 – Present
Service Delivery Manager, Toll Global Forwarding, Dubai, UAE
I am appointed as Service Delivery Manager (SDM), based in Dubai, and have been delegated the day to day management of the re-deployment of troops and equipment from Afghanistan, and will over watch the delivery of in theatre services. Responsibilities include:
• Management of the survey and quote process;
• Overseeing the sub contractor’s performance of the services;
• Verifying the services delivered and invoiced.
Strict compliance with:
• Commonwealth regulations and procedures, and host nation laws and regulations, in all areas including Custom Declaration, Diplomatic Clearances and Department of Agricultural, Fisheries and Forestry inspections.
• Defense requirements related to the Defense Security Management (eDSM), management of critical inventory items, compliance with appropriate Defense Policies and other relevant standards.
• Implementing a continuous improvement and innovation program to maintain or improve service delivery standards.
November 2011 – August 2013
Supply Chain / Logistics Manager, Toll Global Forwarding
I was appointed internally to manage the Toll Global Forwarding Logistics warehouse in Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai. Responsibilities included;
• Supply Chain 3PL customer. Import/Export
• General Warehousing transport Shipping Supply Chain Management Systems
• Implementation Warehouse Optimization / Strategy Planning
• Network Flows Direct and coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
• OHS Practices and Policy implementation and safe work methods
October 2010 – November 2011
Transportation and Maintenance Manager, Toll Global Forwarding
I was responsible for
• Working with suppliers and customers, planning routes and scheduling delivery times
• Managing a team of supervisors, administration staff and drivers
• Making sure the operation meets its targets
• Coordinating staff training
• Putting together performance reports for directors
• Arranging vehicle maintenance, annual testing (MOTs)
• Organizing vehicle replacements
• Managing contracts and developing new business.
• Installation of GPS/Anti theft devices
• Vehicle tracking, ultimate utilization
• Liaise with local road safety authority for safety training/defensive driving for all employees
• Incident/Accident preventive awareness programs
May 2010 – October 2010 (6 months)
Regional Coordinator, M.E. ,Bridges Worldwide, Dubai, UAE
Based in Dubai, UAE, looking after Express Network Logistics for the Region
2001 – 2009
CEO, Pronto Courier SL, Malaga, Spain
Responsibilities included; Profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management. Influencing, consensus building, and sustaining relationships. Workforce engagement and satisfaction. Human Resources , Personnel Management, Finance Budget Management, Corporate Governance Financial Analysis, Negotiating.
September 2001 – May 2003
District Air Manager, UPS, Sunbury, UK
• Airline Trainer (FAA Licensed) to conduct Weight and Balance initial training
• JAR ops understanding and implementation.
• Aircraft policy and procedures, certification, record of training, re-certification and perform National Audits on operations within the District.
• Flight dispatch /NOTAMS / COMPASS/MESCO system knowledge • On-time aircraft arrival/departure performance
• Devise and deliver quality training (CBT and OJS)
• Manage over 150 employees in 26 Countries
• Aircraft performance and utilization
• Coordinate Company annual budget planning process
• Cost control for all airport operations
• Perform National Audits to ensure Company policies and procedures are adhered to and followed.
• Manage all logistic matters necessary for successful sales process in all distribution chann
Sept 1999 – Sept 2001
Jet Gateway Manager, UPS, Dubai, UAE
Responsible for Air Network planning. Aircraft on-time departures. Managing 30 employees. Liaising with Airport Authority, Police and Security
1996 – 1999
General Manager, UPS, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Setting up UPS in Saudi Arabia to include: Staff training of Sales, Operations, Administration, Accounts, Customer Service and general day to day activities
1991 0 1996
Air Ramp Supervisor/Airline Trainer, UPS, East Midlands Airport, Midlands
As an Airline Trainer, I planned, devised, organized and coordinated all training activities across the development center, according to the needs and requirements of the organization.
1990 – 1991
Industrial Engineer, UPS, Feltham, Middlesex
Responsible for cost control of all UK Air Operations for UPS
1988 – 1990
Area Sales Manager, UPS, West Sussex, UK
Responsible for generating GBP 5000 p/month new business, looking after existing customers and collecting payments for South East, UK
English, French & Spanish
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.