BSC CIVIL ENGINEERING
ISO 9001 :2015 CERTIFIED
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER - AUGUST 2016 - DATE
Company : TA’AZ Construction (www.taazgroup.com) – direct contractor of SHELL IRAQ PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT MAJNOON OILFIELD IRAQ
Period : July 2014 – December 2014
Position : Lead QAQC Engineer – Civil reporting to Group Project Manager
Project : Fast track short term projects -Contracts SIPD 1158, SIPD933, SIPD202
• Directing the construction of the FCP Gas Civil Works –power plant foundations, Crude Oil Train foundations, to Shell project specification
• Directing the construction of foundations for communication towers, installation of IT cables and IT Manholes for Shell Iraq according to specifications
• Assisting in checking the contractor’s submissions and shop drawings and responding to the contractor’s requests for information.
• Assisting the Planning Engineer to prepare the monthly status report
• Assisting the manager in developing and implementing the Project Quality Management System.
• Preparing Weekly and Monthly QA reports showing status and KPI’s
• Conducting regular site visits to keep track on adherence to set QA/QC measures and providing inputs to inspection and testing activities, non-conformance report etc
• Implement all aspect of quality assurance/control system on all materials; keep on file test results and calibration reports of test equipments.
• Supervised camp construction- the installation of over 100 TRIMO cabins, water, sewerage and electrical systems
• Liaising with the inspectors, materials technicians and land surveyors to ensure timely processing of the contractor’s requests for inspection (RFI) and other quality related reports/documents to Shell and ensuring there are no undue delays.
• Facilitating internal and external audit, and preparing audit reports
• Participating as QA/QC representative in weekly meetings.
• Participated in the training and development of assigned Iraqi national employees
Introduced the concept of QA/QC Toolbox talks in the company to educate skilled workers on proper methods of execution of each construction stage prior to the works commencing and delivered 95% improvement in workmanship
Redesigned the checklist for construction from being generic to specific for project and covering all aspects of the field work
Developed an ISO Gap Analysis spreadsheet to determine areas within ISO 9001:2008 where the current Quality Management System falls short and developed procedures to cater for these lapses.
Company : Al Habtoor Leighton Group (www.hlgroup.com) – an EPC contractor
Northern Gulf Office, Dubai, United Arab Emirates for a fast track (ENI/Weatherford Project)- Basra, Iraq
Period : Nov 2012 – July 2014
Position : LEAD QA ENGINEER –CIVIL reporting to Construction Director
Project : Zubair Oil Field Development Project, Basra, IRAQ –Construction of Initial Crude Oil Production Facilities –v.i.z. Power plant foundations, Train foundations, pipe racks ,LP&HP Compressor, Oil Tanks, Off Spec Tanks, Produced Water/Treated produced Water Tanks, Water Storage, Water and Wash Water Tanks, foundations plant roads construction, buildings , storm water and Cathodic protection systems.
• Currently assisting as one of the most senior civil superintendent overseeing civil construction aspects of the project
• Working as Quality Assurance and Quality Control lead on the project coordinating inspection services and service providers
• Updates project quality control manual with the testing procedures and changing industry published standards.
• Maintenance of documentation control requests for inspections, project specs, subcontractors and QC procedures
• Development and approval of site procedures and quality control plans
• Managing of corrective and preventative action systems as well as tracking closure of NCR’s, field design changes and queries
• Coordinating the execution of ITPs and ensuring they are adequately performed in accordance with project requirements
• Worked with company personnel and consultants/subcontractors in the development of company Quality Program and participated in establishing and maintaining quality related policies and procedures throughout the company.
• Worked with and advised department personnel in interpretation of corporate quality requirements and generation of departmental quality procedures, including correct use of standards, specifications, codes of practice for design, procurement, construction and operation.
• Analyzed purchase order requirements from a quality control point of view and made the necessary arrangements to ensure our subcontractors meet these requirements.
• Participated in the training and development of assigned Iraqi national employee- inducting fresh graduates, monitoring and reporting on progress.
• Performing quality assurance audit at regular intervals throughout the project lifecycle to ensure continued compliance with project quality system.
• Participating in client meeting and resolving client/engineering and management project issue.
• Coordinated the successful hand over documentation of QA/QC deliverables according to project specification
• Singularly set up and developed the inspection procedure at project start-up while working as a contractor on the Zubair Oil Field development project which was later recommended and adopted by the client for the entire project. Developed the Non Conformance close-out procedure that was approved and adopted for a complicated double client project relationship
• Quality Assurance and Control monitoring improvement – Applying the required project management processes so that scope of works is achieved in compliance with PTW (Permit to Work), Technical and QA/QC requirement. Successfully minimized nonconformance occurrence over 5months by 80 percent by having inspection built-in into the construction process and thus minimizing rework. Recently rose to position of responsibility for the creation and preparation of the handover dossier for the project (civil discipline) as well as became QA Coordinator(Senior QC) for all the three mini-sites in the Zubair Oilfield Development
Company : ZTCO Group, 17th Floor,JBC2, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Period : July 2012 –Nov 2012
Position : QA/QC Manager reporting to General Manager & CEO
• Ensured that project documentation complies with the Client’s policies and procedures.
• Provided specialist input to inspection and testing activities, non-conformance reports, etc.
• Ensured that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs
• Implemented and monitored the project specific Quality Assurance Objectivities.
• Specified Quality requirements in Engineering and Procurement documentation.
• Co-ordinated with all internal disciplines during all stages of project for implementation of Quality Assurance procedures.
• Controlled Non-Conformance by detecting, reporting and follow-up corrective actions to achieve close out in a timely manner.
• Performed Quality Assurance Audits at regular intervals throughout the project lifecycle to ensure continued compliance with project Quality Systems.
• Prepared and obtained approval for Nigerian local content plan and vendor sourcing for proposed camp construction project in Nigeria
• Prepared and obtained approval for quality management plan for proposed camp construction project in Nigeria for dubai based company ZTCO
• Reviewed and analyzed planning updates for all activities related to the Nigerian Content packages Construction.
Project : short term Consultancy role for planned camp facilities for Hyundai Heavy Industries for Brass LNG Project, Nigeria
Company : BUREAU VERITAS, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Period : Dec 2009 –July 2012
Position : FIELD TECH. ENGINEER (CIVIL) – part of Client Project Management Team
Third party inspector services: Worked as part of the project management team in conjunction with the Project Management Consultants as Project third party inspectors to monitor and record the total deliverables in line with the project specification
• Ensured all technical documentation is in accordance with the project requirement for quality, rules & regulations, standards and codes for road construction and other infrastructure works undertaken by the contractor, Habtoor Leighton Group on Khalifa Port Projects.
• Ensured that requirements for project quality are fulfilled and demonstrated in the project fabrication and construction processes
• Liaised with client and consultants on matters relevant to quality assurance/control
• Witness along with the client representative, consultants & Contractor on all the ITP designated intervention points during the testing of materials and structures (e.g. concrete sampling, trial mix, materials testing for building, etc.) if it conforms to the design / specifications, as well as performed surveillance on the site
• Ensuring timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and disposition of the site inspection non-compliances.
• Port and Power Plant Infrastructure (Roads, bridge works, Sewage network, Potable Water Network, &Utilities) for 1st Phase Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone, Al Taweelah (Nov 2010 – July 2012) -Abu Dhabi Ports Company)-Project cost – US$9billion
• Ruwais Refinery Expansion Project,Abu Dhabi – (crude distillation and sulphur recovery facilities, a residue fluidised catalytic cracker, offsites and utilities, storage tanks, infrastructure work, marine works , reclamation works and survey-EPC3,5,& 6) (Dec 2009- Nov 2010).Shutdown and turnaround maintenance operations inspection in November 2010.
• Client representative on the Leighton Offshore UFR Package contract on behalf of ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company)
Performed inspection for special compaction of hydraulic fill up to 2m,geotechnical investigation and offshore sand search, piling works for pipeline culvert crossing (900+ piles),building works for plant office complex, precast yard inspection for design and quality control in production of precast footings (United Precast Concrete, Mussaffah, Abu Dhabi).
Provided guidance to Contractors to improve their inspection request system resulting in a reduction of rejection rate by 90%.
Participated in Contractor audits and audit follow-up
Developed a modification to existing handover dossier format and obtained approval for its use by the Contractors
Closely monitored tagging system used in inspection during shutdown operation leading to zero non-compliance
Worked with commissioning leader in order to ensure a smooth transition at RFC stage, including joint monitoring of Contractor RFC dossier, punch list clearance.
Reviewed all handover packages and motivated contractor to close out all punch list, achieving a 95% record
Company : NIGERIA LNG LIMITED (NLNG), Bonny Island Nigeria (www.nigerialng.com)
(a Shell Global Solutions, The Hague, manpower contract for ECO/NPP dept in NLNG )
Period : May 2007- Jul 2009
Position : CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR– a Client/Project Management Team position
• Acted as a driver of quality culture, Quality assurance/Quality control and compliance with local codes & standards, law & regulations on the project
• Conducted regular site visits to keep track on adherence to set quality control measures
• Intervened and stopped processes or actions in the project where the level of quality is below the standard required by the business, activity or project
• Managed the development, implementation and control of quality management system and process and its continuous improvement in accordance with ISO certification
• Developed and updated discipline standards and procedures for quality and integrity of the company assets
• Coordinated the activities required to meet quality standards, monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system and produces data and report on performance, measuring against set indicators
• Participated in Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Job Method Sheet (JMS) development and discussion with contractors, and supervised, monitored enforcement in the implementation of JSA and JMS
• Assisted in managing FEED/ Design Contractors/ Consultant Contracts -Document Management, and correspondence, transmittals & drawings control, attendance of design review meetings with FEED Contractor/ Design Consultants.
• Review of Project Initiation Notes (PIN) and Statements of Requirements (SOR) to assess their suitability for implementation to ensure cost effective fit-for-purpose solutions and compliance with Corporate Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Responsible for assuring that all approved documentation material and design approvals are in place for every material delivery required for site construction of –large rerouted open gas plant drains, perimeter fencing, road works and demolition.
• Inspection services-Supervised sand volume calculation, swamp dredging and dredging surveys on behalf of the client, as well as precast works, field construction works, and asphalt/soil/concrete batching plant lab inspection.
• Coordination of construction of Special protection for gas pipelines under plant road (New Rd33) constructed on the project. Ensuring it met the specifications of API 1102 (1993) and NLNG/SHELL DEP Specs i.e. where the road crossed the GTS2 >S4 gas lines on the project
• Reviewed pre-Load design and monitored pre-load and prefabricated vertical drain construction and fill settlement for planned LNG and LPG tanks location.
• 11kv and 33kv lines re-routing works, instrumentation, switches and terminals installation inspection-Train 6 location around the footprint of planned Train 7+ works
Projects and project costs: NLNG TRAIN 7 + pre – FID Projects v.i.z;
• Site Preparation and Hydraulic Fill – 84 million euros approx, Onshore Soil Investigation – US$ 5 million by Dredging International, Progress Engineers respectively.
• LNG Preload Contract – US$ 25milllion, Offshore Soil Investigation by Coffra/NWDM/Boskalis
• Suggested modifications to sand fill design to minimize impact of hydraulic fill and site preparation to adjacent facility
• Pipe crossing construction skills(on GTS2&4 line crossing in NLNG Bonny, Nigeria, 32” to 42” pipelines –projects-Shell Bonny Terminal Integrated Project, Bonny; Ruwais Refinery,
• Riser installation and tie-in operations (onshore & subsea), Onshore pipelines and Pipeline bundle and multi-flowline fabrication and launch operations (on EMI dredging and marine works)
• Supervised all stages of road work and ensured all inspections were carried out and results obtained on a stage by stage basis as required by the project achieving a 98% success rate.
• Supervised all stages of concrete work and ensured all inspections were carried out and results obtained on a stage by stage basis as required by the project achieving a 98% success rate.
• Achieved 100% success rate in review of all Contractor-performed measured quantities as against reported in inspections and reports
Company : VAN OORD NIGERIA LIMITED, Lagos (Subsidiary of Van Oord Dredging and Marine Contractors, Netherlands)
Period : Jan2006 –April 2007
Position : ESTIMATION SUPPORT ENGINEER reporting to Contracts Manager
• Estimated works requirement in co-ordination with design and planning department, Prepare man-hour and dredging plant and equipment usage calculations and histogram.
• Assisted in the review of estimation for jetties, trestles and wharves comprising piled structures, gravity and retaining structures.
• Planning and design of dredging works- Part of the team involved in the design capital dredging for navigation channels and turning areas, provided advice on types of equipment and methods for dredging and disposal of dredged materials, input into environmental and cost studies for dredging works, predict maintenance dredging requirements based on field data and/or numerical models, assisted in specifying methods for monitoring and managing capital and maintenance dredging from a cost point of view.
• Method statement and Tender Queries preparation, Performed periodic site visit reports, Briefed on expected production data/estimates based on scope of works to Senior Management in absence of and on behalf of Contracts Manager, Attend Client meetings to identify salient points that will affect estimating and to understand/clarify any ambiguity in the scope of works.
• Project status review performance with a view to appraising the activity completion level expected as against actual
• Technical reviews of all the subcontractors’ submitted work packs, method statements, Inspection Test Plans, schedules and related procedures with respect to project work scope for completeness and technical content.
• Assisted in marine construction inspection, repair and maintenance such as -,installation of corrosion prevention system for quay walls, jetty piles system
Projects : Bonny Channel Dredging for NLNG, Shell, Exxonmobil
Adagbakuja New Town Development Reclamation Project
Calabar River Dredging project (joint with Jan de Nul Ltd)
• Used inputs from predicted operational weather downtime for planning and logistics studies when sand search and studies on constructability for projects and discovered a +3% variation in earlier used methods of calculations
• Suggested new materials to be used for corrosion protection systems for durability and maintenance appropriate to marine environment to our subcontractors and adjudged to be superior
Company : MONIER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
(Anglo-German-Nigerian Infrastructure Contractor/ Firm)
Period : Feb 2002 -Nov 2005
Position : PROJECT ENGINEER reporting to Construction Manager
• Started as Civil Engineer II, then upgraded to Project Engineer involved in Supervision of civil engineering execution from detailed road design, structural analysis for heavy equipment foundations, buildings and steel structures.
• Construction of structural steel and precast pipe racks, process plant structure, buildings
• Maintained records and documentation of civil related and external services activities in the project documentation system.
• Implemented and monitored the utilization of Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions and inspection checklist by subcontractor to ensure compliance to ISO requirement and best engineering practices.
• Worked with various drawings with international design codes of practices including American and British codes
• Bonny Forcados Terminal –Sleepers construction and associated civil works project (SHELL project),Nigeria
• Bonny Terminal Integrated Project – Hyundai subcontract on sleepers construction and associated Civil works,Nigeria
• Imo State, Government Nigeria –Township road and Water infrastructure, Eagle Cement Company-Plant Road, Rumuelimini ,Port Harcourt
Supervised, coordinated, expedited and monitored subcontractors executing all the civil and building-related activities and other support activities to support overall company’s Project in accordance with company’s policies, procedures, work instruction, statutory requirements, and engineering best practices in order to achieve project targets and fully met all targets
Company : TECHNOEXPORTSTROY, Lagos
(A Bulgarian/Nigerian Infrastructure Contractor/ Firm)
Period : July 1999 –Sept 2001
Position : SITE FOREMAN (INTERN) reporting to Construction Supervisor
Responsibilities : Part time work as fourth to final year engineering student:
• Supervising subcontractor tradesmen i.e masons, carpenters, steel fixers, iron benders
• Assisting in liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff
• Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
• Providing technical advice as capable to sub contractor with the direction of senior engineers
• Assisting in ordering and negotiating the price of materials for minor sub contractor works
• Construction of 4 Nos. high rise student residential accommodation buildings and associated infrastructure such as water treatment facility, sewage and internal road within the building complex- at the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo state.