I am a multitasked individual who started off as a Teacher and Lecturer but later left to join Development Microfinance with which I have fallen in love. I am a fast learner, easily adaptable, works with no supervision. I am intelligent, creative and very resourceful. I am very much goal oriented and strives for perfection in everything that I do. I have designed Risk profile for Phakamani Foundation and have also designed Poly Manual for both HR and Administration for the same organisation.
TRAINING: CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME IN MICROFINANCE MANAGEMENT (UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA) CENTRE FOR INCLUSIVE BANKING
Modules covered include:
• Global Microfinance Sector
• South African Microfinance Sector
• Role of Credit Bureaus
• Consumer Protection/ National Credit Act
• Savings for Low income households
• Formal deposit taking
• Micro lending fundamentals
• Collateral and Collections
• Delinquency Measurement
• Accounting and Financial Statements
• Provisions and Write-Offs
• Ratio Analysis for microfinance Institutions
• Salary Based lending
• Individual Micro-enterprising lending
• Understanding sustainability
TRAINING: CURRENT STUDIES
• Registered with University of South Africa doing Bachelor of Commerce Degree in HR Management
Courses Passed: 2014
Individual Labour Law Distinction
Business Management Pass
Introduction to HR Management Pass
Psychological Processes in the Work Context Pass
I am also registered for the online Programme in Programme in Management Development with Gordon Institute of Business Science under the University of Pretoria. I completed a course in Strategy and have a certificate for that.
1. CIS Professional Qualification: Management and Administration
Foundation of Law Passed
Financial Accounting In progress
Commercial Law In progress
• Diploma in Education
• Certificate in Applied Art & Design
• Certificate in Generic Project Management
• Certificate in Ministerial Theology.
• I have also attended a workshop in Corporate Governance that was facilitated by University of Pretoria
EXPERIENCE: PHAKAMANI FOUNDATION
August 2014 – September 2014
I have acted for the CEO for a month while he was out of the country and my responsibilities included overseeing the running of the organization in all aspects. During his absence I also chaired weekly Management meetings. My responsibilities also included analyzing weekly Branch Reports from which discussions with the Operations Managers were conducted and ways for improvement sort.
CURRENT POSITION: QA & HR Manager
• Performs multitasks which include the following Administration, HR Management, Functional Support (Financial co-ordination) General Bookkeeping, record keeping, monthly financial reporting and co-coordinating all aspects of deposits, creditors.
QA & Compliance Management
1. Ensuring that Phakamani Foundation is compliant in all aspects and at all levels including:
• National and Provincial
• MFI and Credit Registrations
• Internal Policies and Procedures.
2. Ensuring that monitoring systems are implemented
3. Ensuring that Audits are done, reported on in all areas of Operations and Administration
4. Ensuring that Risk Management is implemented at all levels of the organization
5. Ensuring that all Policies and Procedures are updated and correctly reflect current processes.
1. Attendance & leave management –
• Designing and Maintaining leave register
• Distributing summary attendance details to management,
• Filing the attendance sheet at the end of the year
2. Maintaining personnel files (both electronic and hard copy) –
• Filing and upkeep of Personnel record
• Providing necessary information to Finance and other colleagues,
• Providing information needed by colleagues in their own files
• Placing advertisements with newspapers for various positions
• Following up with candidates/arranging
• Conducting telephonic interviews
• Conducting one on one interviews
• Following up on references
4. Other HR administration as required by the CEO
• Company employee communication
• Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping
• Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system
5. Ensuring that the Organization if compliant in all aspects of:
• Labour and Employment Legislation
• BEE( Black Economic Empowerment) registration process
• Internal Policies and Procedures
• Recruitment of New Staff
• Monitor staff leave and HR issues
• Assist in the orientation and training of new staff
• Refine and develop DLO Training Material
• Update Training Manuals accordingly
• Assist with revision training and workshops
• Ensure that the organization develop skills of all staff
• Miscellaneous payments for the department.
• Handling department inquiries (mail, phone, email) including communication with international grantees and colleagues.
• Assisting with the development and administration of various departmental programs and prepares reports.
• Depositing donations, keeping detailed record, issuing receipts for donations, ensuring that receipts and thank you letters are filed accurately.
• Assisting in the compilation of financial reports to donors and Funders as required.
• Payroll: Processing staff salaries on VIP.
• Developing and creating new systems and controls to assist field staff.
• Assisting the CEO in management of organizational and project budgets as well as the annual budgeting process.
• Administrative link to Branch Offices.
• Processing and submission of SARS returns, VIP Payroll ( salaries
• Compilation of the Administration Procedure Manual for the Organization
• Expedited administration routines and made the filing system more efficient.
• Preparation for board meetings: Communicating with Board members to notify them of the meeting and also getting them to confirm their attendance, Making sure that agenda for the Board meeting is available.
• Capturing minutes in Board Meetings for the Organization.
• Liaising between clients and the bank to ensure smooth operation since our clients are basically from very disadvantaged communities hence most of them are illiterate.
• Procurement Officer: Managing levels of stock for stationery and ordering more stock when certain stock levels were reached. Processing payments
• Providing administrative support to both the core and donor-advised fund grant-making teams, including correspondence, travel arrangements, scheduling, conference calls and events coordination, maintenance of office supplies and equipment, calendars, etc
1. Educator: 2008 June – December 2008
• Remedial Educator at Nelsville Combined School in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
• Delivery of lessons
• Evaluation and Assessment of Learners
• Class administration
2. Lecturer: 2003 -2004
• Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Polytechnic, Zimbabwe. I have worked as a lecturer for Art and Design for a period of two years where my responsibilities ranged from:
• Delivering of lectures to student Teachers
• Supervision of Student Teachers on Teaching Practice etc
• Invigilation of Students taking National Examination
• Marking examination scripts
3. Educator: 1995 – 2002
• Primary School Teacher (Zimbabwe.)
• Lesson Preparation
• Lesson Delivery
• Assessment and Evaluation of Learners