An ambitious and dedicated Project Manager with extensive multi-discipline project experience across a range of sectors. Effectively leads, develops and motivates project teams to achieve key objectives within deadlines and budget. Utilizes strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop productive working relationships with stakeholders, clients and colleagues at all levels. Diplomatic in sensitive situations with the ability to work in diverse environments and cultures. A highly self-
2013 – date
Facilities Project Manager
• Effectively prioritising workload and managing time to fulfil multiple responsibilities as the Facilities Manager of a city centre ‘Excellent’ rated BREEAM office building
• Preparing a £2 million budget forecast for the newly occupied offices, ensuring fit for purpose and timely submission
• Decanting 600 staff from 2 city centre offices and Leeds Bradford Airport into J2 Commercial HQ
• Establishing and leading a new team to develop into a highly regarded central hub for the airline
2010 – 2013
WAKEFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL (WMDC), Wakefield / mobile working
Project and Asset Management Project Manager
• Working effectively as part of a team to manage a portfolio comprising 150 schools, enabling facilities upgrade and improved use of the capital budget
• Securing a contract with nominated sub-contractors to provide a planned maintenance and repairs service, ensuring that all schools remain safe and fit for purpose
• Utilising strong interpersonal skills to develop productive client relationships in a challenging environment
• Establishing new systems to maintain compliance with HSE regulations and building standards
• Leading and supporting the team to adapt to new working methods for improving safety / productivity
LOCAL GOVERNMENT, UK
Corporate Performance Project Manager
• Performing a strategic role working in partnership with a leading professional service firm to identify procurement and revenue enhancement opportunities, facilitating a reduction in budget pressures
• Coordinating a project to examine the entire Local Authority in terms of shaping projects for its ‘Beyond Excellence’ strategy
• Collaborating with Corporate Directors to manage the project portfolio, utilising interpersonal and analytical skills to achieve of all deliverables within deadlines /budget and reporting to the Efficiency Project Board
• Being headhunted by a Local Government Director to perform this role
• Significantly contributing to the £800 million saving target for 2015, through innovation and focused effort
• Gaining the confidence and trust of the Directors to coordinate a major complex 12 week project whilst working in partnership with PWC as advisors to the Government
2008 – 2012
WAKEFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL (WMDC), Wakefield/mobile working
Project Manager, Government Accommodation, Risk Management
• Leading the project team risk management meetings, delivering risk workshops, managing the risk register and reporting to the Project Board; using diplomacy to handle politically sensitive issues
• Managing hard / soft services and developing a reputation for effective management by fostering a culture of team working
• Setting up a project team, Project Board, creating a Risk Register and dashboard reporting
• Identifying a cost effective solution for the storage requirements of a corporate company with 10,000 staff
• Project Manager, Storage and Document Rationalisation
• Project Manager, Asbestos Elimination
• Project Manager, IT Printer and Photocopier Rationalisation
• Project Manager, Swine Flu Pandemic Control
• Project Manager, Safe and Well Managed Buildings
• Events and Facilities Manager (2007 – 2008)
Guest Lecturer, Leeds Metropolitan University
Delivering lectures on Project Management to post graduate students
– MSc: Project Management – Leeds Metropolitan University (2007)
– Prince 2 Practitioner (2010)
– IOSH Managing Safety on Construction Sites (2009)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.