An award winning, accomplished and strategic licensed Industrial Psychologist with more than 10 years of demonstrable success.
Education And Qualifications
• Doctorate of Philosophy: PhD (Industrial Psychology): North West University, South Africa (2007)
Research Articles (Work Wellness)
• Masters Degree: M.Com (Industrial Psychology): North West University, South Africa (2004)
Core Subjects: Human Resource Development | Advanced Counselling | Career Psychology | Research Methodology | Capita Selecta | Research Article (Burnout and Stress)
• Hons Degree: B.Com Hons (Industrial Psychology): University of the Free State, South Africa (2002)
Core Subjects: Consumer Psychology | Organisational Psychology | Human Resource Management | Psychological Assessment
• Bachelors Degree: B.Com (Marketing): University of the Free State, South Africa (2001)
Core Subjects: Industrial Psychology | Internet Marketing | Communication Ethics | Strategic Management
•Accredited on a range of international psychometric tests [full list available upon request]
Talent Director & Industrial Psychologist (March 2010-Present)
Human Capital Talent, South Africa
• Delivering a full talent acquisition and recruitment lifecycle function which includes; search and selection, interviewing and short listing applicants, ITC, qualification and criminal record screening
• Assisting clients with executive succession planning, ensuring manager readiness for more complex and strategic roles.
• Using psychometric assessments to determine company leadership potential and developing a leadership pipeline to ensure capable leaders.
• Implemented and facilitated numerous leadership development programs which focuses on the individual as well as the teams. Programs implemented on various levels, from middle managers to executive directors
• Facilitated brain profiling assessments for recruitment and development, running workshops to facilitate Whole Brain Thinking and the implementation of WBT theory.
• Administering, report writing, integration and facilitation of feedback sessions on psychometric instruments to determine Personality, Behaviour, Learning potential, Critical reasoning, Emotional intelligence and Leadership potential.
• Developed and facilitated 360 degree assessments for leadership development, team building, performance management, group exercises and culture surveys
• Manage and supervise intern psychologists and consultants
• Guiding/assisting international clients identifying and coaching managers to be deployed internationally.
• Giving identified managers coaching and guidance before being deployed to be ready for the transition
• Invited as a guest speaker and main presenter at the Recruitment, Career and Business Expo. The title of my presentation was “Unlocking your potential” and was presented to an audience of about 1500 people. (http://vimeo.com/65728026)(http://www.rbcexpo.co.za/Guest_Speakers.html)
• Facilitating numerous workshops ranging from conflict resolution, general team awareness, team building and management training
• Restructure of an Executive Team for a large debt collection financial institution; continual facilitation and coaching of the 11 executives, doing team development and individual coaching.
Head of Psychometric Assessments (August 2008- February 2010)
First National Bank
• Facilitated workshops and designed leadership programs for branch managers, specifically focusing on self mastering, interpersonal communication and stress management
• Managed the associate program project from assessing potential associates, assisted with developmental feedback and coaching on leadership skills.
• Implemented the internal psychometric assessment department for the group, employing and managing a team of psychologists, psychometrists and administrators to take over segment assessments of the bank and integrate it into a holistic and value-adding department for the organisation
• Developed and implemented a psychometric assessment model to improve the recruitment and to ensure better quality candidates were recruited. The model also ensured development needs were addressed accordingly and needs specific.
• Assisted various departments with psychometric assessments for recruitment and development
• Selected to join the Group Strategy team to implement a centralised assessment centre.
• Used psychometric instruments to determine Personality, Behaviour, Learning potential, Critical reasoning, Emotional intelligence and Leadership potential
• Developed the Psychometric Assessment Policy for Branch Banking, which was later adopted by the Group, also assisted in the development of the Recruitment policy for Branch Banking
Senior Industrial Psychologist (September 2007-July 2008)
JVR Consulting Psychologist
Industrial Psychologist (2005-August 2007)
Thomas International August
Independent HR Consultant and Psychometrist (August 2003-July 2005)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.