I am a merchant with over twenty-five years of fashion retail experience who is:
• Passionate about merchandise especially footwear and accessories.
• With broad based business exposure that ranges from international sourcing, range development, buying, merchandise planning, store operations, marketing to executive management.
• Tenacious, creative and analytical in applying strategic realistic approaches to business opportunities.
Education And Qualifications
BA – International Relations & Diplomacy Degree (2006 to 2010 – (French 101 still to complete)
University of South Africa
Financial Management Diploma ( 1998 to 1998)
S.A. Institute of Financial Management, Damelin
Marketing Management Certificate (1997 to 1997)
S.A. Institute of Marketing Management, Damelin* –
BSc – Mathematics and Computer Science (First Year) (1976 to 1977)
University. Of Durban Westville
Matric, With University Entrance (1972 to 1975)
Isipingo Hills High School
Special Projects- Fashion Retail (Self Employed) ( June 2014 to Present)
Sun& Lo Limited
• Business Process Analysis and Re-engineering (Merchandise Planning, Buying and Sourcing) – Fashion Retail
Range Development, Buying, Sourcing (Ladies Footwear and Handbags) (June 2013 to May 2014)
Roman Originals plc (150 stores)
• Solely set up a Ladies Footwear and Handbag division in what was previously a ladies clothing only retail chain
• Market/Trend Analysis, Range Development, Buying, Sourcing, QA and Business Process Integration
International Sourcing, Range Development, Supply Chain Management – (Self Employed) (Mar 2011 to May 2013)
Sun & Lo Limited
• Footwear Range Development, Sourcing (China) and Supply to major chain store and wholesaler
General Manager (Sep 2006 to Feb 2011)
Digit Five Import & Export
• Trend Analysis, Sourcing (China), Range Development and Marketing of Footwear and Handbags to Chain Stores
Business Consultant (Self Employed) (Apr 2005 to Aug 2006)
Sun Moo Ra
• Worked with SME’s implementing cost saving measures (stock management, cash flow, IT streamlining)
Managing Director (Mar 2003 to Mar 2004)
Shoe Crazy (95 stores)
• Pro-active management of the business with emphasis on Merchandise, Store Operations, Finance and IT
Senior Fashion Buyer (Jul 1992 to Feb 2003)
Miladys (155 stores)
• Senior Buyer – Sourcing, Range Development and Buying of Ladies Footwear and Handbags
• Planning Analyst – Footwear, Handbags, Intimatewear, Accessories, Girlswear and Ladies Casualwear
Senior Merchandise Planner (Sep 1987 to Jul 1992)
Edgars (165 stores)
• Ladies Intimatewear and Cosmetics – Managing the quantitative aspects of the buying of merchandise
Sales Executive ( Sep 1986 to Jun 1987)
Anker Data Systems
• Customer cold canvassing, Installation of POS, Programming and Customer staff training
Sales Manager (Mar 1985 to Aug 1986)
Jimmy Green Furnishers
• Managing, Buying and Selling of audio/visual equipment, appliances and home furniture
Sales Manager ( Apr 1981 to Mar 1985)
Govan Mani (3 stores)
• Managing, Buying and Selling of audio/visual and computer hardware
Trainee Store Manager (* – Sep 1980 to Mar 1981)
Woolworths (145 stores)
• Trained in store management and administration
Accounts Administration (Aug 1979 to Sep 1980)
Ascot Clothing Manufactures
• Wages (weekly cash preparation and pay-out) as well as Creditors reconciliation and Cash book
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.