A result-oriented professional with distinctive career in general and financial management, including cost accounting together with project management. Proactive ability to exercise a common-sense financial approach while utilizing creative problem-solving techniques. A self-directed and motivated professional with the ability to consistently work towards achieving organizational and personal objectives. Also recognized for ability to coach and develop staff.
Professional Degree of Finance – ACCA
Professional Qualification Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant – FCCA
Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants – MIA
OPW MALAYSIA SDN BHD
Finance Manager July 2014 – Present
• Managing the overall function of finance department.
• Responsible to meet the group deadline every month. Ensure all accounts are uploaded to Hyperion System called Khalix by third working day.
• Currently implementing Oracle system in OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd. OPW Malaysia is part of Dover Corporation in US which is listed in NYSE.
• Set up standard cost for manufactured products. BOM is created for every item produced.
• Prepare weekly budget, and compare against the actual every week.
• Member of management team and actively involved in decision making on behalf of the company in finance and part of operations related matters.
• Working on merging two companies to one company under OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
• Working on liquidation of KPS Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
• Also in charge of HR and admin of OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd
• Attend two weeks training cum meeting in Skipton, UK to handle the Oracle implementation.
• Assist the regional HR Manager to prepare staff handbook for OPW Malaysia staff.
• Assist the Regional HR Manager on staff issues. Managed to combine two companies’ staff without retrenchment.
• Renamed Fibresec Asia Sdn Bhd to OPW Malaysia Sdn Bhd within stipulated time.
• Register OPW Malaysia for GST with local tax authorities.
• Managed to organize the APAC strategic meeting for 25 delegates from OPW Group.
OMYA MALAYSIA SDN BHD
Accounting Manager Nov 2007 – Mar 2010
Finance Manager Mar 2010 – July 2014
• Managed a team of 4 executives and 1 cost accountant.
• Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial reporting to the head office in Switzerland, ensuring the strict deadline is adhered to.
• Managed the preparation of the annual budgeting reports and quarterly forecasts to the local management and head office in Switzerland.
• Managed the preparation of annual statutory reporting, working together with external auditors.
• Managed the intercompany monthly balance reconciliation.
• Managed the cash flow and treasury functions, ensuring adequate funds available for the company’s sales operations and projects.
• Liaising with tax agents on annual tax computation, corporate taxation matters and indirect taxes.
• Liaising with company secretary on all corporate secretarial matters
• Responsible for the company’s sales tax and import duty exemption, working closely with Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA).
• Managed the liquidation of a dormant Sun Minerals company in Malaysia, working together with the appointed liquidators.
• Working closely with the Project Dept to ensure all project invoices are received promptly according to the agreed terms.
• Responsible for overall function of costing tool and product variances with assistance from cost accountant.
• Monitor the standard costing of manufactured products. Work closely with plant managers and cost accountant to establish yearly costing.
• Involved in the preparation of yearly and quarterly forecast.
• Support management team in ad-hoc reporting-related analysis and initiatives which arise from time to time.
• Support initiatives of Group Function Operations with respect to financial-related analysis and reporting, eg inventory monitoring & optimization, debtor KPIs, IRR, working capital, & etc.
• Control and introduce systems and/or functions to cater for changes in legislative requirements.
• Accept overall responsibility for the compensation and royalty payments due as a result of the Companies quarrying operations in Ipoh Perak.
• Assume full control and responsibility for both companies’ fixed asset registers. Maintained to provide maximum ease of use by internal and external users.
• To maintain and ensure that best possible internal control procedures are in place and fully maintained to safeguard assets, deter fraud, satisfy both internal and external audit requirements etc.; and ensure that the each company complies with local laws and regulations in regard to administrative practices.
• Provide training for staff on accounting standards and ERP system
• Assist other Omya companies outside Malaysia as and when required such as Omya Philippine, Omya India and Omya Thailand.
• Currently assisting Omya India to set up their costing tools and chart of accounts.
• Training end-users, including departmental heads, on the use of BPCS module in retrieving and obtaining financial reports and other information requirements.
• Actively involved in preparation of TP documents.
• Actively involved in implementation of GST
• Ensured compliance with internal control & Group Finance Manual requirements.
• Implemented electronic / internet banking payment system for all bank accounts.
• Streamlined the staff claims / reimbursement process to improve administration workflow efficiency
• Successfully set up costing tool for Shah Alam plant, Bercham Plant and Ipoh Plant.
• Managed to complete full scope audit for Omya Malaysia
• Set up of ERP system for new business unit in Omya Malaysia and Omya Kalsium
• Successfully merged Sun Minerals assets with Omya Malaysia assets without major issues.
• Completed purchase of quarry in Ipoh.
• Created ERP (BPCS) manual for new users in finance department.
• Managed to obtain special Industry Tariff from TNB for Ipoh Plant 1. The total of saving was RM 1 million.
• Completed purchase of Sun Minerals Sdn Bhd under Regional office Omya Asia Pacific.
• Set up the accounting system and finance team in Ipoh Perak for Sun Minerals.
• Monitor project management in Philippine and capitalised the assets.
• Completed costing and project management for Ipoh Coating Plant and Shah Alam rationalisation which worth 13 mil and 9 mil respectively within stipulated time.
• Completed costing and project management for Ipoh Plant 1and Ipoh Plant 2 which worth RM50 mil and RM45 mil within stipulated time.
• Managed to settle debts with bank within two years from 2007. No outstanding loans with local banks as at end of 2009.
• Successfully implemented skill matrix, development and succession plan for finance department
• Actively involved in enhancing the internal controls of the quarry and plants
EMPIRE TOWER SDN BHD
May 2005 – Nov 2007
• Ensuring timely and accurate monthly financial reporting and quarterly forecasting
• Managing the local financing and banking requirements.
• Prepare weekly and monthly actual and projected cash flow of the above companies.
• Liaison with the bankers regarding loans and other official matters.
• Worked on the disposal of the property to third party.
• Liaison with the Internal Auditors regarding any finding that the auditors found during the Interim audit.
• Prepare management reports for the directors as requested by them
• Prepare the accounts on monthly and quarterly basis.
• Update all the loan, fixed deposits and REPO accounts at group level.
• Liaison with bankers regarding the loan, fixed deposits and REPO accounts in the banks.
• Reconcile all the intercompany differences.
• Update the consol pack of the group for the Group Accountant to complete the group consolidated accounts for Bursa.
• Winding up accounts of Ferringhi Beach Hotel which has been just sold off in the middle of the year.
• Prepare cash flow of AP Land Bhd (Holding Co) and submit to the Group Finance Manager for further action.
• Liaison with the Internal Auditor regarding the winding up of the Hotel.
• Managed to reduce the reporting deadline from 15 working days to 7 working days.
• Reduce the debtors outstanding by 5 days within 2 months
• Managed to recover long outstanding debt which was classified as delinquent.
• Able to reduce creditor’s outstanding by 30 days.
• Improved cashflow of Empire Tower within 2 months
• Managed to complete the sale of Empire Tower, City Square and Plaza Ampang without major issues.
BABA PRODUCTS (M) Sdn Bhd
Jan 2002 – May 2005
Senior Accounts Executive
• Maintain cash book and cash flow
• Prepare reconciliation reports for balance sheet items
• Handling the general ledger accounts, journals, fixed asset register and preparing audit schedules during every month-end accounts closing.
• Prepare payment vouchers and maintain accounts payable
• Maintain the monthly sales report of HQ and all the branches
• Maintain the GST account for Singapore branch
• Prepare the fund transfer from branch to HQ. Dealing with banks regarding the forex rate and the T.T rate
• Prepare monthly cash flow statement
• Monitoring petty cash and maintain the petty cash book
• Prepare payroll for Singapore staff in the beginning of the month for all Singapore staff
• Involved in the preparation of the manufacturing accounts of HQ
• Assist the Accountant in preparing the yearly budget
• Forecast the sales of all branches.
• Prepare schedule and detail reporting of financial statement
• Prepare the financial statement with the supporting documents for auditing purposes
• Deal with the Auditors during the year end audit
• Managed to streamline processes in finance department.
• Reduced manual entries and introduced excel spreadsheet.
• Managed to disclosed extraordinary items in accounts of Baba Singapore
WONG YEN MUN TAXATION
Jan 2000 – Dec 2001
• Prepare clients full set of accounts.
• Calculate personal taxation and company tax for the clients.
• Fill up forms such as (B,C,T)
• Assist audit seniors with client audit