Alan Davidson is a serving Sergeant in the British Transport Police, he has strong management skills and excellent communication skills. He is a Security Specialist and Police Search Advisor who plans, resources and manages all aspects of search/ security in both Criminal and Counter Terrorism Operations. From missisng person searches to multiple venues for VIP and Royal Family visits
OSU Sergeant (October 2002 – Present)
British Transport Police
• Operational Support Unit Sergeant.
• Plan and oversee police operations at height including searching and protestor removal.
• Plan, conduct and control counter terrorism and crime searches.
• Offer tactical/ legislative advice during the planning and operational phases of events.
• Conduct training of search officers both in force and at regional police training exercises.
• Responsible for writing the force Method or Entry SOP and the delivery of MoE training.
• Day to day management and deployment of a small team of 6 highly trained officers.
Op Donate (Nov 2001– March 2002)
British Transport Police
• Op Donate Team Sergeant (Street Crime/ Robbery Initiative).
• Liaison and co-ordination of outside agencies.
• Planning initiatives operations and deployments.
• Briefing and deploying assets for mobile and static phases.
• Oversee the processing of prisoners and intelligence gained during operations.
• De briefing senior officers on a daily and weekly basis.
British Transport Police (April 1992 – Nov 2001)
• Train probationary students in law, unarmed defensive tactics, arrest and restraint.
• Deliver public order training at a local and national level.
• Deploy as part of public order unit to all major seats of disorder from 1996 to 2001.
• Beat police constable working in both rural and urban locations.
Royal Marines Commandos (1981-1992)
• Deployed to Op Haven as general duties Marine
• Deployed to Op Banner as Marine S3 (Signals)
• Train Military Ski Instructors.
• Prepare All Arms students for Arctic Warfare Training and assisted with the delivery
• Ensure secure communications within the Regimental multi-level organisation.
• Initial maintenance and fault identification of all high-tech communications equipment
Education and Qualifications
• Policing at Height Supervisor and Operator.
• Police Search Advisor. PolSA
• Public Order Tactical Advisor. POTAC
• Public Order Tactical Trainer. POTT
• Method of Entry Trainer
• Response Driver
• BASS Trained (Behaviour Assessment Screening System).
• City & Guilds 7307 Certificate in Teaching Adult Learners
• Police Trainer
• Military Ski Teacher
• Working knowledge of all MS Office programmes.
• 3 GCE’S including Mathematics and 5 CSE’s including English.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.