I am an extremely hardworking and highly motivated professional with diverse experience in Operating and Emergency Rooms. As you will note from my enclosed resume, in my current role as a Private Duty Nurse for Msgr. Cristobal E. Garcia, SAP, HP, I am responsible for monitoring patients’ vital signs every 4 hours, accurately maintaining patient records and using a glucometer to conduct routine blood glucose monitoring.
Education And Qualifications
BSc: Nursing (1994)
University of the Visayas
University of San Jose-Recoletos
Pooc Elementary School
Private Duty Nurse (1997 – date)
MSGR. CRISTOBAL E. GARCIA, SAP, HP, Cansojong, Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
• Delivering consistently high standards of patient care by empathising with patients and their families / carers while ensuring consistent compliance with established procedures, policy and regulations
• Diligently monitoring patients’ vital signs every 4 hours, accurately maintaining patient records and using a glucometer to conduct routine blood glucose monitoring, making appropriate referrals as necessary
• Administering insulin subcutaneously in accordance with doctors’ instructions, additionally, administering oral hypoglycaemic agents as prescribed
• Providing fast acting simple carbohydrates if indications are identified during assessment, assisting patients to perform daily routines / personal care activities and maintaining accurate patient charts
Operating Room / Emergency Room Staff Nurse
ST. VINCENT GENERAL HOSPITAL, Cebu City, Philippines
• Effectively prioritizing workload to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, including obtaining endorsements from previous shifts and monitoring / maintaining the sterility of the unit
• Educating patients and their families / carers regarding individual health care plans and ongoing patient needs, ensuring that all medical / technical information is communicated in easily accessible terminology
• Familiarizing scheduled operations, checking OR packs / sets, monitoring equipment to ensure optimum functionality / maintenance and preparing /opening packs, instruments and other items required for surgery
• Ensuring consistent compliance with pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care standards / procedures
Pre – Operative Care
• Fulfilling responsibility for establishing the correct identification of all patients, ensuring that patients are wearing the appropriate OR gown and conscientiously reviewing the pre-operative order / checklist
• Utilizing excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish a rapport with the patient, accompanying them into theatre and ensuring compliance with safety measures
Intra – Operative Care
• Managing accountability for allocated assignments (Scrub or Circulating Nurse) during surgical procedures, assisting with the induction of anaesthesia and assisting in scheduled operations
• Diligently counting instruments, sponges and needles used, commencing blood transfusion as directed and administering IV, IM and subcutaneous medications
• Working effectively as part of a team to prepare sufficiently for emergencies that may occur in the Operating Room, in accordance with established procedures
• Monitoring patients during their recovery from the anaesthesia administered in the OR, including checking vital signs every 15 minutes until it stabilizes
• Consistently complying with Observed Standards of Post-Anaesthesia Care, informing family members of patients’ condition / recovery and evaluating patients’ status, submitting referrals as necessary
• Maintaining accurate and comprehensive patient records, accompanying patients to the unit after surgery and providing the correct endorsement
• Monitoring OR stocks, supplies and medications, making requisitions from the pharmacy / property department, following-up outstanding borrowed articles / equipment and reporting lost / damaged items
Fluent English, Tagalog and Visayan
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.