A results driven, self-motivated and resourceful managing director with 20 years’ experience in construction and demolition waste management and recycling, leading and growing all sectors of the business to make it a dynamic and progressive organisation. A competent business director, able to develop strategic projects and win business through tenders and personal sales. Possessing excellent communication skills and able to establish sustainable and profitable relationships with customers.
• NVQ Waste Management WAMITAB Level 4
• HGV Class 1
• 360 degree Hydraulic Excavator Operator
• Front End Loading Shovel Operator (20T plus)
• City and Guilds Motor Mechanic
• British Institute of Inn keeping
• Level in English, Art, Metal Work, Geography
• CSE in Mathematics and History
Company: VISSAP- Management Consultancy
Position: Senior Consultant
Period: January 2014 – Present
• Mentoring operational waste recycling senior team strategic management of screening, crushing, and process of materials for re-use in the construction industry and utility sector.
• Providing guidance and advice to business and industrial waste sites on waste management issues
• Leadership development on comprehensive environmental waste management compliance program, training and creating visual management performance measures.
• Equipment analysis, recycling improvement and problem-solving for waste management industry with high level of expertise in process optimisation and resource efficiency.
Company: Philip Major Waste Disposal Ltd
Position: Managing Director
Period: February 1994 – December 2014
Direct Reports 6 Indirect Reports 41
• Identifying, developing and directing the implementation of business strategy for the overall running of the business, operating in the waste management and aggregate recycling sector
• Cultivating the company’s reputation leading to sourcing of end user client and running high value contracts with various clients, managing a 6 acre site and 47 employees.
• Liaising and consulting with officials of government departments and regulatory bodies creating and maintaining links with other trade and professional associations.
• Financial accounts management reviewing Profit / Loss and Balance Sheet reports driving healthy budgetary control, building client relationships resulting in revenue and profitability growth.
• Ensuring compliance with current legislation in handling and disposal of waste materials implements programs to meet the goals of waste reduction and recycling targets
• Aligning all business processes and procedures to latest legislation regarding waste management, road transport, process machinery, employment law and health and safety
• Managing multi-disciplined teams, resolving any conflicting priorities.
• Development and personnel performance management for all employees aligned to business strategy
• Create and implement business key performance indicators with tiered management approach driving business improvement approach
• Involved in the research and development of materials using hydraulic binders to be used in public highways.
• Grew a family run Skip Hire business with a turnover 400k in to a state of the art materials management and recycling business with annual turnover of £2.2 M
• Apportioned business into 3 sectors, Utilities support, Waste Management and Recycling with each division delivering between 22 -65% net profit
• Delivering projects supplying recycled aggregate various construction programs for clients i.e. Liverpool Airport, National Grid, Mersey Docks and Harbor, United Utilities and Scottish Power to name but a few
• Create corporate DVD in hard copy detailing an operational overview of the waste management and recycling operation showing technical and business growth of the business
Company: Inn Coope Retail Ltd
Period: 1991 – 1994 Market: Retail
• Trained for public house management consisting of a 6 month training course with various holding reliefs to gain experience resulting in qualification with The British Institute of Inn keeping for Public House Management.
• General Management responsibilities for the business group, with a hands-on approach to the operations (employing, training and supervising over 30 bar staff per facility.
• Became a troubleshooter for the company turning around failing business by enhancing the reputation, service and quality standards
Company: TML Ltd – Construction
Position: Underground Plant Operator
Period: 1989 – 1991
• Working in an underground environment on the construction of the Channel Tunnel
• Main duties were as hand tunnels fitter, supporting the construction labour force. Operating the machinery required, including front end loaders, 360 degree excavators and mining machinery.
• Conveyor belt maintenance including fabrication and welding. Maintenance of all hand tools which required to be carried out underground without the use of a workshop. Requiring resourcefulness, working on my own initiative to keep operations running.
Company: GMSH Ltd – Retail
Position: Plant Operator/
Period: 1984 – 1989
• HGV / Plant Fitter responsible for keeping more than 30 fleet vehicles operational working in adverse environments.
• Gaining extensive knowledge of both screening and crushing operations enabling process and production 365 days a year.
Company: Dutton Forshaw Ltd – Automotive
Position: Apprentice Mechanic
Period: 1979 – 1984
• Serving a 5 year apprenticeship as a British Leyland mechanic and gained a City and Guilds accreditation