An ambitious and dedicated Chef with expertise in continental cooking. Passionate about creating innovative meals and menus. Effectively leads, develops and motivates a team to deliver high quality food in a time efficient manner. Ensures diligent adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and regulations, particularly those relating to Food Safety and Hygiene. Demonstrates sound commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
2010 – date
THE WHITE HOUSE, RESIDENTIAL & NURSING HOME, UK
• Delivering a consistently high standard of food service by continually monitoring quality standards and confidently leading a team of kitchen staff to achieve objectives in a timely manner
• Ensuring diligent adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and regulations, particularly those relating to Food Safety and Hygiene by maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in the food preparation area
• Delivering daily team briefings to ensure that all personnel are aware of current issues and key objectives, responding to any queries and providing guidance as required to maintain standards
• Creating innovative and authentic dishes which appeal to residents, ensuring high standards of presentation and consistently monitoring portion control to reduce wastage and maximise profit
• Monitoring stock levels, ordering new supplies as required and coordinating deliveries, ensuring that all required inventories are accurately completed
• Preparing meals in accordance with the special dietary requirements of individual residents, ensuring there is no cross-contamination for those with allergies
• Accurately measuring ingredients, preparing meals as directed in the recipes provided and communicating effectively with colleagues to achieve objectives in a time efficient manner
• Interacting with residents to elicit feedback and adapting meals in accordance with suggestions / comments to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
• Conscientiously maintaining a good level of personal fitness to enable the safe lifting and transportation of heavy items, in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines
• Maintaining all kitchen equipment to a high standard, repairing and cleaning items as necessary, also, preparing high end, large scale meals
• Utilizing comprehensive skills and experience to work across all areas of the kitchen and food preparation area to meet the needs of the organization
2009 – 2010
M & B BOUTIQUE, Letchworth, Hertfordshire, UK
Shop Owner / Director (self-employed)
2008 – 2009
UNICHEM HR DEPARTMENT, Letchworth, Hertfordshire, UK
A-Level: Advanced Punjabi, Grade A:
AQA Assessment and Qualification Alliance, 2008
Level 2 Award: Food Safety in Catering:
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, 2010
Entry2 Certificate: ESOL; Skills for Life (Speaking, Writing and Reading):
North Hertfordshire College, Hitchin Center, UK
M.A.: Political Science:
English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu (spoken)Guru Nanak Dev University, 2000
English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu (spoken)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.