a) M.Tech (Process Engineering & Design): IIT Delhi
b) B.Tech (Chemical Engineering): NIT-T Univ. of Madras
c) Executive MBA - International Business: IIFT Delhi
1. Staff Engineer-Engineering/Project /Technical Support Dept: Saudi Aramco JV, Petro Rabigh (2011-xxxx)
2. Sr. Consultant (Jizan Refinery RFP-MinPet): National Industrialization Co. (TASNEE), Riyadh / Consultant, Dubai (2008-11)
3.Technical Manager (Oil & Gas JV MENA Projects Development): Rashideen International Holding Company LLC, Dubai,(2004-08)
4.Vice President in Hindustan Development Corporation. Ltd (Div:Chemicals),Mumbai(1998-2004)
This is only a career synopsis we recommend clients call for one of the most complete CV’s of a top professional.
Oil & Gas: Upstream, Midstream, Downstream Industries
1. Saudi Aramco JV (SA-Sumitomo), KSA Period: (Nov 2011 to Present) (A World Scale, Integrated Refining & Petrochemicals Company)
Staff Engineer in Engineering Dept. Reports to: Engineering Manager (Nov 2011– Aug 2013)
Staff Engineer in New TSD (Technical Support Dept). Reports to: TSD Manager (Aug 2013– Present)
Clean Fuel – FEED Project Development: Prepared revised Scope of Work (SOW), Invited Bids, Performed Bid Analysis (TBA / CBA) with Ratings for award in a two member team. In parallel, worked on economic justification on Clean Fuel (Gasoline – HDS), Conducting VGO HDT plant trials (Optimization), LP Model Gasoline Product Blending Simulation trials, & scope change possibility with Phase-II Engg Team.
Engg Dept Activities Handled: Coordination within Sections (Engg Support &Project Execution, Asset Integrity Management (AIM), Reliability and Phase-II Coordination Team) for submission of weekly / monthly reports to VP Office; Handled coordination on Engg Work Request (EWR), Management of Change (MOC), Trouble & Plant Trip Reports for investigation & solutions, KPI reporting, Quarterly Safety Meeting coordination, Improvement in Section’s KPI thru root cause analysis / recommendation from Audit report analysis, & Dept. Budgeting (OP: Optg Plan; BP Business Plan) & Cost Control. Polyol project profile, Evaluation of QRA Study w.r.t. EO(pure) facility and Pre-FEED, and FEED contractor selection.
Assigned to participate in Health Assessment Team along with SCM-PP on LP Simulation package related improvement, Resolving HO FCC and Alkylation plants related bottlenecks besides disposition of Fuel Oil heavy stocks for better value addition with recommendations.
Assigned to Task Force and appointed by previous CEO in on the task, Fuel Oil / Naphtha Reduction (Profit Improvement) Initiative to support Chairman, in a larger multi-functional team at PRC level. (Generating all short term ideas for quick implementation), and long term ideas like Delayed Coker with 3rd Party support.
Assigned to participate (time to time) in Incident Investigation, Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Process Investigation on Repeated Catalyst Batch failures in Acetylene Converter Section in Ethane Cracker (Ethylene) plant. Coordinated and supported Chairman in a large team involving Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo members in investigation, to find direct / root causes and recommended remedial measures.
Assigned to participate (time to time) in Phase-II New Petrochemicals related support activities besides attending interfacing facility meetings; Participated in various packages awareness, coordination and feedback on various packages thru’ due-diligence exercise with respect to waivers (FEED, EPC Stages) by supporting the Technical Advisor.
New TSD: Supported DM in formation of evolving new department in various assigned activities; Weekly & Monthly reports submission; Tracking TSR, MOC, EWR, Trip Reports (Investigation / Study), Assigning & Tracking Design package review within TSD. Dept Safety Committee – Quarterly presentation and tracking Safety recommendations; Budget Variance Analysis reporting; Workflow streamlining / interfacing within the dept. and other dept. as and when required; Design Package Review Coordination with Proponent Dept; Process Safety Management (PSM) implementation; Conducting OJT (On-the-Job) training and Sharing Session within TSD time to time as per set KPI.
2. Consulting Assignments from Free-Zone Companies, Dubai: (Jan 2011 to Oct 2011)
Oil & Gas Mid Downstream Segments & EPC Engg Project Sectors, based in Dubai during in between job change period.
3. A Large Diversified, Industrial Group, TASNEE, National Industrialization Company, Riyadh, KSA (Aug 2008 to Oct 2010)
(A Large Petrochemicals Company ambitious to make foray into Oil based Petrochemicals)
Sr. Consultant (Integrated Refinery & Petrochemicals): Reports to: VP-Planning &Studies /VP-Business Development / Vice-Chairman of Group Companies. Period: (Aug 08 – Oct 2010)
• Master Plan / Bid Proposal: Project Development (BOO type) from Conceptual till Ministry’s License Award stage, thru detailed techno-economic feasibility / sensitivity analysis + Pre-FEED coordination, to build Master Plan & Bid Proposal(RFP), by selecting a viable Refinery Configuration with Product Pattern integrating with Downstream Petrochemicals (Polymers, Aromatics Chemicals et.al.),Power Generation, in association with external Consultants / Engg Contractors /Process Licensors / Local partners / Int’l Partners; Support a Project Company Formation to set up grass-root venture in the KSA’s Economic City, in a small startup, cross functional team members (Capex: $ 10 Bil. to $ 17 Billion).
• Performed Over-the-fence (OTF) Refinery Diversification – Conceptual, Preliminary Studies with several product-mixes, aligning with investors criteria, as part of Kingdom’s socio-economic strategy, acquiring /assessing inputs from external consulting companies. (An addendum to MinPet’s RFP to enhance Master Plan). The objective of the proposal was to diversify in Petrochemicals sector, by forming Business Clusters with local JV partners / Investors.
• Petrochemicals: Conceptual / Initial Evaluation studies performed in a small team before awarding Pre-FEED / FEED contract to Engg company for detailed studies.
Consultant – Downstream Petrochemicals, based in Dubai: Period: (Nov ’09 – Oct 2010)
Developing portfolio projects in SME segment in an outsourced small team by carrying out screening / evaluation of host of products for identifying niche products, based on market research / study reports done by various agencies.
4. A Diversified, Rashideen Int’l Holding Company LLC, Dubai Period: (Mar 2004 – June 2008)
Head-Technical (Oil & Gas JV projects) – Technical Manager (As Team Leader / Member)
Reports to: Head – Projects Finance / (partly) Chairman &MD of Group.
Group Company Profile: Closely held, diversified business group ($ 700 Million+) dealing in Trading, FMCG, Reality, Mfg. sectors since 35 years, and diversified into Oil & Gas JV investment projects in MENA region.
a) JV Project-1 (BOOT type): LPG Recovery Plant (Av.1200 tpd) from associated gases,
and C3 C4 Export Terminal with ship loading facility, in the Rep. of Yemen, on BOOT basis.
Project Development from Conceptual till EPC contract award stage, thru feasibility, FEED, in coordination with Contractors – FEED/ EPC / PMC, State JV Gas co. (YGC /Crescent), Block Operator (Hunt Oil), Legal Advisor, Professional Consultants & Strategic Investors.($ 225 to $ 275 Mio) in a 5 member team. (As Team Leader)
b) JV Project-2 (BOOT type): Setting up an Export Refinery (45K – 100K bbl per day of Marib crude) & Product Terminal, in Yemen, on BOOT basis.
Project Development from Conceptual till EPC contract award stage with strategic investors ($ 475 to $ 550 Mio capital outlay), in coordination with Contractor’s team (Samsung /SKC consortium), Technical & Financial Advisors in a 4 member Owner’s team. (As Team Member)
c) JV Project-3: Performed technical due-diligence, for an Asset Acquisition of old refinery (Cyprus); Assessed LSTK construction contractors, and advised investors with techno-economic viability study in a 3 member cross functional team.
d) JV Project-4: Performed Conceptual, Feasibility with Capital program definition / scoping study on developing gas based Methanol & allied products in Algeria with investors, and Engg Contractor.
e) JV Project-5: Lube Base Oil Blending Facility& Lubricants Business (Egypt): Conceptual, Feasibility, Coordinate – Market Study & Establish Detailed Project Technical Viability with external Consultants /Oil Company, & Product Marketing / Logistics – Distribution.
f) JV Project-6: Investment in Upstream (E&P) Development: Assisted in securing awards (PSA / Licenses) from Yemen for exploring, developing blocks for potential oil-gas finds; Coordination in selecting E&P Engg partner for development works ($50 to $100 Mio over 3 to 5 years spread) in a 4 member team.
KRA / Achievement
• Successful in developing a Gas Plant project upto EPC contract award stage in Rep. of Yemen.
• Spearhead the group company’s foray into investments in Oil &Gas related business, in MENA region.
Natural Gas based – Manufacturing Setup: Bulk Commodity / Specialty Chemicals
5. HINDUSTAN DEVELOPMENT CORP. Ltd, Mumbai, India Period: Jul 1998 to Feb 2004
SBU Head (Vice President) reports to CEO (Chemicals)
Group Co. Profile: Chemicals Business Unit (ISO: 9001) of a large, diversified conglomerate ($250 Million+)
Responsibilities :( with P&L accountability)
Plan, Direct, Facilitate, Coordinate, Control the entire gamut of techno-commercial business & operations of multi-product, specialized chemicals company, by influencing people’s processes, with a special emphasis on ‘R&D product development, New Project Development, BPR, Business Development (exports), Q-HSE, Contract Mfg. /Custom Synthesis, Supply Chain integration’ to improvise growth and profit objectives, in accordance with Board’s directives / guidelines.
KRA / Duties / Achievements
• Visioning emerging opportunities; Formulating strategic growth plans; Champion product Development & Launching value added products with R&D initiatives; Restructuring mfg. Operations; Business development by retaining & adding new customers to achieve increase in turnover (2.5 times; $25 Million),& turned around the SBU with enhanced profitability with a significant increase in optg. Profit (~ 4 times).
• Enhanced the product portfolio and broad basing of products-mix (Building Block: HCN Hydrocyanic Acid based) at downstream with niche Specialty products for commercialization, that resulted significant increase in top and bottom lines in Balance Sheet.
• Integrated end-to-end business processes with customized ERP model; Reviewed, implemented QMS (ISO: 9001) & initiated efforts for ISO: 14K certification; Implemented HSE Initiatives for the highly hazardous process industry.
Fine Chemicals (Bulk API-Active Pharmaceutical Intermediates)
6. RANBAXY LAB. Ltd, New Delhi, India Period: Mar 1992 to June 1998
Project Manager (R&D Process Development & Projects)/ Sr. Manager (Process-Projects)/
Asst. Director: Reports to Sr. GM // Asst. VP //Director
(Progressive Roles: Cross functional: Technology – R&D Process Dev./ Engg, Projects, Technical Services/ Mfg. & Operations, and Commercial Support)
Company Profile: An Indian MNC into Bulk API, Fine Chem. Intermediates, Pharma. ($ 1.3 Billion+ Revenue): Now, a JV with Daiichi Sankyo, Japan
• Concept to Completion, with process validation: Commercialized successfully several in-house Process Technologies (R&D to Plant scale, through Pilot plant scale-up), embracing total project life cycle viz. Conceptualize, Process Design, Engg, Build, Produce with in-house efforts, within specified time and cost, to achieve desired yield & quality parameters, and on time market delivery; Coordinated, influenced the people processes within Process / Engg / Mfg. team for process validation, & facilitated regulatory filings. (As Project Leader/Mfg-Team Member).
• Strategic Cost Reduction: Implemented SCR policy initiatives, with lean mfg. concept; Improved process repeatability with PLC / DCS type automation, for batch, semi-continuous processes, with significant reduction in Optg. / Maintenance manpower.
• Due diligence: Assessed, evaluated several Facility Acquisition / Equity partnership proposals, with Corporate Finance, and Legal team members, and recommended to top mgt. for Asset Acquisition & partnership for Contract Mfg. /Custom Synthesis, to improve company’s SCM effectiveness and Cost Competitiveness over competitors.
Early / Mid-Career -Petroleum Refining / Petrochemicals & Allied EPC Engg Consulting
7. INDIA GLYCOLS Ltd, New Delhi, India Period: Mar 1987 to June 1992
Sr. Engr. / Deputy Mgr. / Manager Reports to President / Sr. VP
(Roles: Progressive, Cross functional: Greenfield Project Development, Execution, Process Engg.,
Mfg., & Technical Services
Group’s Profile: (A diversified, chemical major: VAM Organics –now, Jubilant Organosys.Ltd:
• Ethylene Oxide / Ethylene Glycols: Performed grassroots project planning & development from initiation stage till financial closure & beyond in a small startup team, with selection of Process Licensor, and Engg. Contractor, by supporting finance team, for project finance. Coordination with DPR / FEED Study Contractor & in-house financial analysis team.
• Project Execution – EO / EG (Polyester grade): Plan. Review, Monitor, and Implement Glycol derivatives project, in coordination with Licensor, & Engg contractor in an Owner’s startup team of 8 members; Proactive right from design stage, till complete absorption of process know-how at operational stage, thru various project stages in a cross functional/multi-disciplinary team.
• Technical Services /Auditing: Proactive in supporting successful startup / commissioning – Operations with Troubleshoot, Technology Absorption, by coordinating with Licensor; Champion process Upgradation with various catalysts; Supported marketing / finance teams in product pricing.
• Petrochemicals Expansion EO/EG Projects (In house Engg & Projects dept.): Performed project definition, Front end detail studies with Licensor’s input; Supported budgeting efforts for Facility Expansion.
• Petrochemicals Diversification- Ethoxylates (Owner’s team): Various process technologies evaluation / selection methodologies, Project scoping, Techno-economic analysis with investment plans for mgt. decision. Facility Revamp: (Acetyl) with an in-house engg team of parent company: Assisted in Capacity addition, developing downstream PVA, EVA projects from conceptual stage upto pre-Investment decision stage; Extended R&D efforts for various VAM / PVA /EVA based ‘Specialty / Performance Chemicals’.
8. KINETICS TECHNOLOGY INDIA, New Delhi/ KTI Holland Period: Jun ‘84 to Apr 1987
Sr. Process Engineer reporting to GM (Process & Sales)
(Roles: Process Design, Business Development, Client projects detailing / consulting)
Profile: Then, an associate of KTI B.V, The Netherlands; Now, KT-Technip (Licensing, LSTK, EPC)
• Process Engg. – BED, FEED, Detail Engg & Commissioning; Client Project Appraisal &Execution Assistance; Tendering & Cost Estimation; Mktg. & Business Development: (Engg Shop Fabrication of Process Equipment & Engg Services Coordination).
• Products / Projects handled: i) Refinery & Petrochemicals Fired Heaters, Thermic Fluid System; ii) Polyester Film ex. PETP chips project detailing; iii) BTX – Aromatics: Client project profiling /appraisal; iv) Scale down process Pkg. Waste Lube Re-refining (Hydrofinishing); v) Process pkg. for Gas sweetening; vi) Small Hydrogen plants (Skid – PSA based).
9. ASSAM OIL COMPANY (Inc. U.K), Digboi, Assam Period: Jan ‘81 to Jun 1984
Dy. Chemical Engineer / Sr. Engineer (various functional roles) report to Superintendent –
(Distillation & Coker Units/ Paraffin Wax/ Technical Services & Programming)
Company Profile: Integrated Oil Production, Refining & Mktg. co., a div. of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd ($ 48 Billion)
• Refinery Operations: Fuel (Crude units, KTU, Delayed Coker), Lube, Wax production facilities; Deputed to other IOC Refineries (BRPL-KTU, Mathura – FCC, CPL – Wax & Coker Unit) for Project Study / Development work & Process Improvements work.
• Technical Services: Production Planning & Control-LP Model (Integrated Production + Mktg. / Distribution); Safety & Energy Audit, Revamp; Debottlenecking of process facility; Co-ordination with Oil India (GOSP facility) for O&G accounting. Turn around Planning with Optg. /Engg –Maintenance – Inspection Dept.
• Refinery Modernization / Revamp project: Front end definition & Detailed Studies for Capital Program Scoping with Budget Planning, with Engg Consultant (EIL); Coordinate Economic evaluation /Financial Analysis with in-house teams, and submission proposals for Ministry’s approval.
Other Vocational Industrial Training / Sponsored, Collaborative Assignments
11 ENGINEERS INDIA Ltd, New Delhi Period: 1979 to Jun 1980
Profile: A premier Consulting & Engg. Co. into Refinery, Petrochem. Gas Processing, Fertilizers
Development of software for Cryogenics / Petrochemical Distillation / Gas Treatment processes
– ICL 2900. (R&D, Process)
12 Madras Fertilizers Ltd, Madras, India Period: 1976 (1 month)
13 Madras Refineries Ltd, Madras, India Period: 1977 (1 month)
14 Addison Paints & Chemicals, Madras India Period: 1975 (1 month)
F. Proficiency in Computer Application
• Software development in Chemical Engg Applications (Mass & Heat Transfer) by using Mainframe Computer (IBM/ICL).
• Refinery Production Planning & Control – Linear Programming (LP) Model, with Mktg. / Distribution Model (Custom built).
• Process Design, Rating, Process Simulation & Scheduling of Batch / Continuous Processes:
(ChemCAD, Batch CAD, Pro II, Aspen Plus, Hysim, Hysis, TL Net, TG Net, PipeSim).
• Project Planning, Scheduling & Control (Time, Cost, Resources): Prism, Harvard PM,MS
Project, Primavera; Familiarity of ICARUS applications in Cost Estimation; Project Risk
• Hazard Analysis(Hazop, Hazan, Hazid, Safeti), Risk Assessment (CAMEO);Shell–FRED, Flarenet
Data Logging / Acquisition systems (FIXDMAX), SPC, SQC; PLC programming (Ladder logics).
• MRP-II / ERP (SAP – Planning, SCM Modules).
• Application of Financial / Economic Models in Projects Evaluation: ‘Screening /Development
Phases’. (MENA – Oil&Gas Mid Downstream JV projects)
• M. Tech (Chemical Engg) specialized in Process Engg. & Design from Indian Institute of Technology New Delhi India (1978 – 80) : 2 years
• B. Tech (Chemical Engg) from University of Madras, India (1973-78): 5 years.
• Executive Masters in Int’l Business (Major: Int’l Financial & Mktg. Management) from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, India (Jan’97-Jan’98)
H. Certification / Training
• Modern Petroleum Refining Technology from Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehra Doon, India (3 Mo:’ 83).
• Second Prize award for Design of Absorber / Adsorber for Gas Treatment process (Inst. of Engrs (NDRF 1977): National Design Award – Engg Students Competition.
• Attended several Management Career Development Programs (Short Terms) at ASC, Hyderabad, IIM’s Bangalore, & Ahmedabad; Mgt. Dev. Institute (MDI) Gurgaon.
• Attended several Technical Seminars /Conferences on Oil &Gas Downstream Development –Middle East & North Africa (Lubricants, Petrochemicals, Gas Processing, and UOP Refining processes; Nexant’s Global Petrochemicals; SA’s Best Practices Conference at Dhahran)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.