Organization: FAUJI OIL TERMINAL & DISTRIBUTION CO. LTD PORT QASIM. KARACHI (FOTCO)
FOTCO is a state of the art environmental friendly oil handling facility capable of handling 9 million tons of oil per annum, designed and equipped to handle all types of POL products, FOTCO plays an important role in Pakistan’s maritime operations by providing safe, efficient and smooth handling of the country fuel requirements
Position(s) Held: Electronics & Instrumentation Engineer
Feb 2008 – till present
- Ensure optimum performance is achieved for electronics/electrical equipment by carrying out maintenance tasks including troubleshooting, corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance, periodic inspections, major and minor repairs of equipment which broadly include the following:
- SCADA system comprising of PLC, temperature, pressure, flow transmitters, transducers, computers, fiber optics cable, optical modems, network connectivity and reliability.
- Fire fighting system, control and mimic panels, actuators, fire and smoke detectors.
- Marine loading arms shutdown valves control and accessories.
- Mooring motors, slop transfer pump, gangway crane motors, fuel transfer pump, foam pump, jockey motors, starters and their control.
- Calibration repairing/replacement of Gauges at regular intervals.
- Cathodic system for steel piles protection comprising of 5 x rectifiers and 180 tubular anodes, digging, repair and burial of anodes in the seabed. Performance monitoring, CP survey.
- Heat trace system comprising of 1600V transformer, 4 KM long heating cable (routine maintenance).
- Communication system comprising of walkie talkies, base station radios, Public Address systems and navigational equipment.
- ·In-house repair of instruments especially PCBs, relays, controller, drives, starters, lighting circuits, pressure and temperature controllers.
- ·Carrying out modification of instrumentation systems as per operations and maintenance requirements.
- ·Smooth supply of electrical utilities such as 11 KV power supply from shore to jetty, 440V power distribution, 24 VDC power supply.
- ·Calculating power consumption, load and billing counter as per industrial and commercial tariff.
- ·Writing SOPs check lists and operational procedures for power shutdown.
- Planning, preparation, analysis, modifications and implementation of electronics maintenance system.
- ·Carrying out estimation, quotation analysis, case preparation, purchase order, procurement & installation of equipment, parts and material at regular basis.
- ·Responsible for maintenance of Electronics workshop.
- ·Assignments and job allocation to staff and regular follow-up of the tasks assigned.
- ·In-house, on job training of staff to maintain an efficient operation and maintenance of installed equipment.
- ·Implementation of ISO quality system procedures, manuals, checklists and regular review of documents.
- ·Conduct IMS audit including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001: 2004 & OHSAS 18001:1999
- ·Responsible to carry out technical inspection of site for new projects.
- ·Assist in evaluation of new projects costing, quotation invitation, bids evaluation, contract and design documents preparation with special reference to codes and standards.
- ·Officer In charge Control room during cargo unloading on as-and-when basis.
- Handled procurement of Engineering Materials, Equipments, which included material specification finalization as per engineering codes of practice.
- Estimated for annual requirements of materials & spares, evaluation & listing of sub-contractors, receiving inspections, inventory management, identification & availability of critical stores.
- ·Responsible for the safe and smooth terminal operation ensuring 100% serviceability of the terminal including berthing and un berthing of tankers Data logging and performance evaluation.
- ·Suggested and implemented cost saving proposals for major repairs & modifications of the facility.
Ongoing LNG Project work
Soil investigation survey at the location of LNG terminal.
EIA, QRA, FEED studies of the project.
Organization: MAB Interface Pvt, Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan
Position(s) Held: Service Engineer
May 2007 – Oct 2007
- Installation, commissioning, servicing & Maintenance of INFORM UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). Ranges from 0.5KVA– 1000KV.
Installation and Commissioning of the Jetty Automation and Monitoring System at Fauji Oil Terminal in collaboration with Trelleborg Harbour Marine Engineering, Australia. This project is state of the art work in providing fully automated oil handling facility. This mainly includes automation of:
Mooring Load Monitoring System by installation of load cells at each hook which displays real time monitoring of mooring line tensions.
Docking Aid System by installation of Lasers which shows real time monitoring of vessel speed, distance and angle and also indicate speed warnings, speed alarms to the pilots.
Environmental Monitoring System by installation of weather station, current sensor, wave tide sensor which displays wind speed, wind direction, humidity, air temperature, air pressure, wave & current parameters.
All these systems are integrated using common hardware and software which displays real time parameters, record, backup support and gives alarms at critical conditions.
- Cover Ships movement and information around & at Pakistan’s ports for the very first time on Website: www.marinetraffic.com by the installation of AIS system.
- B.E ELECTRONICS from Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology – Class 2003-06
- B.S.C Computing from Karachi Institute of Information Technology,Karachi (a campus ofUniversity ofHuddersfield U.K) from 2002-2003
- Intermediate Science from D.H.A Degree college for Men 2001-2002
CERTIFICATIONS / COURSES
- Oil Spill Response Level 2 fromPattaya,Thailand – Certificate 2010
- Managing the Maintenance Department fromNEDUniversity – Certificate 2010
- Fire Fighting/ Advance Fire Fighting From Pakistan Marine Academy – Certificate 2009
- First Aid FromPakistanMarineAcademy – Certificate 2008
- Cathodic Protection – Certificate 2009