An enthusiastic, versatile and adaptable Finance and Banking Professional, has experience of working for the Royal Bank of Scotland with more than 16 years continuous service. Highly experienced and knowledgeable within the Financial Services Industry at National, European and International levels, strengths include Client Portfolio and Relationship Management, offering exceptionally high levels of service to clients, in turn helping make the sale of financial products easier. Customer driven
Relevant Qualifications & Education
Rudheath High School, Shipbrook Road, Northwich, Cheshire, UK
GCSE: English Language C, English Literature C, Mathematics C, Physics C, Chemistry C, Biology C, Computer Studies A, Geography E, Craft Design Realisation C
1984 to 1989
FURTHER EDUCATION (Industry Recognised Qualifications)
1st October 2001
Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice all 3 stages (fully completed).
2nd August 1999
Financial Planning Certificate Stage 1 of 3.
An enthusiastic, versatile and adaptable Finance and Banking Professional, has experience of working for the Royal Bank of Scotland with more than 16 years continuous service. Highly experienced and knowledgeable within the Financial Services Industry at National, European and International levels, strengths include Client Portfolio and Relationship Management, offering exceptionally high levels of service to clients, in turn helping make the sale of financial products easier. Customer driven, always working to his belief that ‘people buy people’.
Portfolio and Relationship Management , Customer Service Excellence, Spanish, Financial Services and their Regulation, Mortgage Products and their Regulation, Computer Science, Social Media, Networking, Microsoft Packages, Call Centre, Investments, Insurance, Customer Acquisition, Customer Retention, Lead Generation, Credit, Sales Process, Retail Sales.
Charity Foster Carer JJ´s Puppy Rescue, Murcia, Spain.
April 2012 to October 2014
• Administration, translation and caring for puppies until a permanent and suitable home are found by the charity.
Achievements: Learning the functionality of a charitable organisation. Utilising my knowledge of Spanish in translations.
Senior Executive Overseas Clients at Bankinter, Urb, Camposol, Spain.
February 2007 to April 2012
• Capturing and building a portfolio of profitable expatriate clients.
• This office is a relatively new office of Bankinter on an Urbanisation where there are thousands of resident tourists.
Assistant Manager at Santander, Alicante, Spain.
April 2006 to October 2006
• Opening a new office for the many English speaking residents.
• Managing the office administratively and to capture, build and develop a portfolio of Expatriate clients
Achievements: Clearly demonstrating his versatility and adaptability in both a working and social environment.
Expatriate Relationship Manager at Santander, Murcia, Spain.
April 2004 to April 2006
• Working out of a branch of Santander Central Hispano
• Managing and advising a portfolio of approximately 3500 Personal and Business Expatriate customers.
• Speaking Spanish and English as appropriate.
• Learning quickly the terms and conditions of the new product range.
• Providing top quality service and accurate advice to customers on anything from new accounts to complex high value investments or mortgages.
• Retaining existing customers, finding new customers and increasing deposits and advances in accordance with local management guidelines and targets.
Achievements: Increasing his knowledge of the Spanish language even further and extending his knowledge of Portfolio and Relationship Management to the Expatriate Market.
Senior Customer Adviser Royal Bank of Scotland, Macclesfield, Business Accounts.
May 2003 to April 2004
• Whilst waiting for the secondment in Spain working as a Customer Adviser, due to his extensive knowledge of mortgages and Relationship Management.
• Working with the Business Relationship Managers advising business customers on their domestic mortgage requirements.
• Visiting them at their home, work place or in the branch as required.
Achievements: Gaining knowledge about the functionality of Business Account Management and moulding his extensive knowledge of mortgages around the needs of the business customers.
Premium Relationship Manager at Royal Bank of Scotland, Bramhall.
July 2001 to May 2003
• Advising and managing a portfolio of approximately 300 high net worth customers.
• Dedicating all of his time to some of the banks wealthiest customers.
• These customers are some of the very busiest professional people, holding very important, very responsible positions within large private companies, public services or even government. Sometimes even very famous public figures such as actors, pop stars and footballers
• Providing an immediate and highly confidential service and response to all their requirements, from basic banking questions to complex applications for usually very large loans, mortgages or investments.
Customer Adviser at Royal Bank of Scotland, Poynton.
June 1999 to July 2001
• Working as the only adviser in a relatively small branch, responsible for conducting all the customer interviews including mortgages.
• Working closely with the Branch Manager and the rest of the customer service team, successfully exceeding sales and service goals set by regional management.
Customer Service Adviser at Royal Bank of Scotland, Wilmslow.
July 1994 to June 1999
• Interviewing customers both face to face and over the telephone.
• Exceeding sales and service targets set by senior management.
• Providing financial advice and information on all financial products to customers
• Managing a team of 4 staff at the sub office for approximately 1 year.
Achievements: Successful in consistently exceeding sales and service goals Paul was selected by senior management to attend the annual 4 day national sales conference for 2 consecutive years running, Tenerife in 1996 and Prague in 1997. Only very high achievers were invited to attend. Every year approximately 200 employees out of a total workforce of about 10000.
Customer Service Staff at Royal Bank of Scotland, Knutsford.
June 1989 to July 1994
• Learning the very basics of banking and other skills required for a long and successful career.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.