Having worked for a public sector for 22 yeare I took the decision in May 2013 to move to work for the prviate sector. Whilst working for the public sector I wrote the Procure to Pay strategy which was implemented and also managed a team of eight buyers. The writing of the strategy enabled me to demonstrate my skills to encourage buy-in from all stakeholdes at all levels, as well as my project management skills. In my new role I have also been heavily involved in embedding their P2P process.
7‘O’ Levels including Maths and English
BTEC Business and Finance
ILM – Level 3 Introductory Certificate in First Line Management
Crystal Reports Intro Training Course
ILM Level 5 Experienced Managers Development Programme
PRINCE II (Foundation)
May 2013 – to date
Supply Chain Officer – Supply Chain – Centrica Ltd
Role and Responsibilities
• Procure range of capital and non-capital goods and services required by the business to ensure optimum value for money with determined service quality and risk criteria.
• Work closely with Portfolio Management, Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams to derive, implement and manage appropriate procurement strategies ensuring legislative compliance, asset integrity and delivery of production reliability
• Manage and/or provide support as appropriate to the company key stakeholders in effective supplier relationship management, ensuring supplier and contractual disputes are resolved when they arise and protecting interest of the business at all times
• Support the development and maintenance of the Business Management System procurement procedures and processes and support development of the SAP tools
• Identify need, develop and implement site level and portfolio lead procurement plans ( long and short term)for goods and services to meet the need of the key stakeholders, site requirements and outage programmes and the continuation of commercial operations
• In a timely manner, procure and maintain a range (including high risk/high value) capital and non capital goods and services across one or more spend categories. Lead the process of inviting and evaluation of competitive tenders and proposals. Ensure optimum value for money within agreed risk and quality criteria. Ensure that agreements comply with procurement and financial policies and procedures statutory and legislative requirements, mitigate organisational risk, provide security of supply and maximise strategic benefits.
• Develop, implement and maintain appropriate SAP purchase to pay processes. /supply chains for managed contracts that ensure the key stakeholders have user friendly and efficient means of acquiring goods and services. This will include the implementation of on-line ordering, consolidating invoices and self-billing initiatives. Identify and seek to implement in conjunction with IS EDI/ e-commerce trading relationships to speed up and minimise the costs of transactions.
• Create a range of contractual relationships (including high risk/high value) ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are minimised. Negotiate with suppliers on commercial and contractual matters(within defined limits) and make judgement(in conjunction with and with the agreement of the line manager as appropriate depending on the level of risk involved) on the level of contractual risk
• Manage supplier relationships, coordinating various interfaces across the business to ensure a consistent approach. Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of suppliers, products and contractual arrangements. Benchmark total acquisition costs and maintain up-to-date knowledge of defined market sectors, suppliers and products. Identify and implement supplier improvement actions and operate supplier appraisal processes in support of the key stakeholders. Resolve contractual and supplier disputes where they occur, protecting the interest of the business at all times.
• Analyse procurement spend and identify synergies and leverage across the portfolio. Achieve defined improvement and cost savings targets by examining total acquisition costs and working closely with key stakeholders and suppliers. Maintain up-to-date and accurate documents and records of suppliers, products and contractual arrangements for transparency, accountability and audit.
• Conduct and provide support for internal and external audits for the purpose of continual learning and improvement.
2010 to April 2013
Product Portfolio Manager – Strategic Procurement – Plymouth City Council
Author of the Procure to Pay Lean Process strategy and managed the implementation of the process across the whole of the Council, whilst managing the newly created Purchasing section.
As manager of the purchasing team which involves performance management, target setting, capturing of efficiencies achieved by team, training of the team in Procurement issues as well as training on corporate purchasing and financial systems. I am able to provide the Procurement information by possessing a wide and varied knowledge of the Purchasing system, but also due to working alongside Strategic Procurement in my former roles has enabled me to understand and practise the requirements associated with stringent and necessary cost effective procurement methods and processes.
Project manager for the Procure to Pay project which requires the need to meet all levels of staff and stakeholders on a face to face basis to discuss ‘as is’ processes and to ensure that suitable ‘to be’ processes are implemented and embedded across the service areas and also ensuring the embracing and adapting to change and transformation. The tools and techniques used to ensure correct communication is provided to all necessary personnel are the utilisation of Visio for process mapping as well as clearly written guidelines and manuals and the provisions of necessary presentations. This role also requires effective vendor management processes which I have implemented to ensure that vendor information is correct and eliminates any unnecessary duplications, whilst ensuring that vendors have the necessary accreditations and insurances.
Monthly project update reports provided to senior management project team detailing risks, issues, benefits etc.
Financial understanding of requirements needed from a strategic and operational perspective.
2006 to 2010
Senior Accountant (Financial Systems and Projects) – Plymouth City Council
Overall responsibility for authorisation and payments of staff re-imbursements (approx 600 staff).
Assist with Departmental budgetary control.
Manage own team’s budget.
Liaise with External and Internal Creditors and Debtors.
Overall authorisation for departmental imprest account and office cash pay-ins.
Recruitment and Selection of staff.
Attendance at departmental/interdepartmental meetings.
Ensure compliance with the authority’s Financial Regulations and Conditions of Services, and other associated polices and give guidance and advice when necessary.
Deputise for Line Manager
Overall responsibility for authorisation of all invoices, payments and the raising of debit notes.
Whilst carrying out the above responsibilities, I was asked to take on the additional responsibilities of the Lead Officer for Purchasing and to assist with the implementation of the new corporate financial system purchased by the authority, and this proved to be an exciting and motivating challenge. These additional responsibilities also provided me with the experience and knowledge to be able to progress to my current position with the authority.
Accounts Supervisor – Plymouth City Council
Finance Clerk –Plymouth City Council
Administration Assistant and Officer – Ministry of Defence
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.