I am working as a Cost Engineer for the Largest Petroleum Company in the World. I am goal orientated, analytical and a problem solver Knowledge based Skills/ Acquired from Experience and Education:
More than 30 years Accounting Experience, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable. AFS, Management Accounts.
Qualification : PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT DIPLOM
Period : 1992
Qualification : HUMAN RELATIONS AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS DIPLOMA
UNISA (UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AFRICA)
Period : 1987-1990
Qualification : BATCHLOR OF COMMERCE
Credits to date : Control of Financial Information Systems, Taxation and Estate Duty, Financial Management Auditing, Business Law, Company Law, Economics & Management and Financial Accounting
Buckinghamshire University (Mancosa)
Period : 2006
Qualifications : MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Name of Company : Al Hoty Company – Saudi Aramco – Al Khobar
Period : 7 September 2013 to Current
Position Held : Cost Engineer
Main Key Performance Indicators
• Maintenance of all Department Vehicle Entitlement and update records
• Full Functions of Cost Control and application.
• Expert in Cost Analysis and Tracking
Strong knowledge in SWOT Analysis, SMART Goals, and RACI Matrix, Strong knowledge in financial statements, footnotes, and reporting, Computer and Internet expert. Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prepares cost effective plans, techniques, and strategies. Maintains a record of survey results for cost estimation in big projects. Delegated tasks to subordinates during training for budgeting team. Assists in the analysis of cash flow.
• Designs and programs project man-hour and cost tracking in reporting systems.
Assigned in the procurement of materials for internal and external management cost budgeting. Conducts budget and risk schedule analysis. Administered and allocated contingency and inflation provisions for budget and expenditures.
• Supervised a team of project coordinators in making timesheet, invoicing, cash management and account functions.
Evaluated and screened budget proposals and formulations for small and big projects.
Worked with external project coordinators in developing advance methods in contractual variations, scope change proposals and scope transfers. Monitored subcontract costs and progress of the projects
• Preparation of Management Accounts and Budget Item Controls for various Divisions
• Preparation of data required for audit and management of the audit process
• Do Variance reports and give feedback to Management
• Review of Accounting controls and implementation of new ones
• Audit Petty Cash for Oil Maintain Potential Projects Division
• Manage and monitor the WPC Accounts Payable Account and ensure that invoices are correctly processed and payment is made within 30 days.
• Other Related Duties
• Human Resource Management and general administration
• Assisting with processing of data into the accounting system on SAP
Reason for leaving: Better Job prospects and advance my career.
Name of Company : Celesha Oil and Gas Importing and Distribution CC
Period : 1 September 2009 to 31July 2013
Position Held : Senior Cost Engineer
Main Key Performance Indicators
• Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and Checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
• Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
• Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
• Perform technical and commercial review of EPCI long time tenders (subcontractors quotations) for the preparation of Service agreements
• Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
• Prepare monthly vessel movement report for the monitoring of the vessel activities on a daily basis and register all downtime, consumptions and vessel related issues relating to the project promptly to the project manager and management.
• Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
• Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients
• Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
• Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
• Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
My Skills in this position required me to be:
• Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
• Excellent Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling and SAP software’s
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous
• Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills.
• Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
• Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Fast worker with ability to work well under stress
Reason for leaving: Company was sold and I wanted to advance my career overseas, especially in the Middle East and for better work prospects.
Name of Company : M2M
Period : 5 January 2009 to 31 August 2009
Position Held Financial Accountant – employed to assist Project Manager implement a new
Accounting Software – Serenic (Windows Based) System
Main Key Performance Indicators
• Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts including consolidated views and Executive Management Reporting
• Implemented Financial Controls to ensure it adheres to GAAP
• Ensure that all Accounts Payable reconciliations as per AP Ledger are done and assist staff when needed
• Track outstanding Source documents and ensure that Accounting Staff processes when received
• Documentation Processing – Serenic
• Ensure that all invoices/credit notes and correctly coded
• Ensure that all documentation are captured by Financial Administrators
• Check, approve and post all captured documentation
• Maintained and Managed all Capital Expenditure
• Monitored Project’s Budget, Income and Expenditure and did Budget variance reports after reconciling Budget to General Ledger that includes income ,expenses and accruals and for Project
• Did various Bank Reconciliations (6 Bank Accounts on monthly basis)• Petty Cash:
• Prepare worksheets
• Ensure that petty cash is correctly captured on Serenic
• Train and supervise Financial Administrators to do, capture Petty Cash, Local and International.
• Vendor Database Management
• Update and create new vendors on Serenic
Timesheet Database management
• Maintained and monitored Database for all 15 Project Staff timesheets and expenses
• Report to Project Manager on a daily, weekly and monthly basis regarding workflow
• Ensured that all Project documentation and records were maintained and secured as per Auditor’s recommendations
• Liaised with Internal and External Auditors
• Other Adhoc Duties
Reason for leaving : Contract ended
Name of Company Shell Oil South Africa
Period : 1 April 2003 to 31 December 2008
Position Held Financial Accountant
Main Key Performance Indicators
1 Experience in FI/CO modules of SAP
2 Budgeting and budget consolidation experience
3 Preparation of invoices for processing, EDI documentation and Stock movement documentation. Upstream and Downstream.
4 Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts including Actual and Budgets
5 Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
6 Assisting in preparation of relevant budgets, reports and financial packs, etc.
7 Ensure SOX compliance through performance management
8 Reconciling General Ledger Account s– Inter Group, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
9 Liaising with Internal and External Auditors.
10 Ensuring that Payments are made by Treasury and Ensure that payments are received by Treasury on these Accounts
11 Performing of ad-hoc Accounting Functions
12 Managing 3 Bookkeepers and 4 Accountants
Reason for Leaving: Contract ended
Name of Company : Alpha Accounting Services
Period: 1 April 1995 to 31 March 2003
Position Held : Various freelance positions held
Nature of services Offered:
Accounting and secretarial services, forming Close Corporations and Companies for various clients
Completing tax returns for individuals and companies
Preparation of statutory requirements/returns
Monitor, evaluate and develop Information Systems as per clients needs
Preparations of business plans and budgets
Do Management Accounts for clients
Drafting of Annual Financial Statements
Data processing of books on various Accounting Software, including
Accpac, Pastel V6, Ms Excel etc.
Project Management of various projects undertaken by clients
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.